Would this water pump be the correct type,,,,,

Would this water pump be the correct type to use on a RF equiped 302 with the sepentine belt ?
weiand 8215
This is the one I currently have new in the box that came with my engine that I bought from a guy I work with
weiand 8210 p
I guess it would work if a person was using V belts??Any help appreciated. Thanks, Dan

Don't think so.
I have 2 Ford pumps, no cover though.
Let me know if you ever get an answer or get in touch.
John

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Dan,

We use the water pump from the Ford crate engine (M6007-B50/51). The numbers will be in the Ford Motorsport catelogue.

I wanted to keep the front of the engine simple and therefore easy to service anywhere in the world.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes,

Robert

Hi Robert, I downloaded the Ford Motorsport Catalogue from here , 2005 edition, FMC and they dont show that crate engine number. Maybe they have replaced it with a newer number.
On page 87 they have their pumps, maybe its the M-8501-B50 pump ?? I'm guessing but it would be any 87-93 302 reverse rotation, serpentine belt , application pump would be the one, and it should line up with the pulleys ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Dan, my understanding is the 96 and up explorer 5.0 water pump is the one that came with the motor Robert uses, it is in 2003 ford racing book and say's: engine comes with Explorer short style timing cover and water pump, hope this helps Bob

I have the 8501-A50 which is the kit that includes both the cover and the pump. I think/hope this is the correct unit. If you look in the catalog it is the short front assembly.

The correct number is F67E-8505-BB.
1996-2001 Explorer.
Again I have 2 if you want 1.
John

Maybe a little visual can help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 57244-waterpumpfront.jpg
    57244-waterpumpfront.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 701
Thanks guys, that is one short pump , and thanks Hersh for the effort on the pictures.Im starting to gather my engine parts that I need to get the long block all built and buttoned up . Not speaking "Fordese" and being of the Chevy dialect has made this tougher for us fereners, LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Howard Jones

Supporter
Dan I'll sell you mine for 20 bucks you pay shipping. Brand new off the front of my 302 crate motor. I used a old style belt driven pump system. I also have the orginal 50 OZ dampner from my crate motor another 20 bucks. U $ ship

I would of course send them in the same box.

PM me

Hi Howard, sent you a email per your email address on your profile, thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry to hijack the thread but I was just thinking through the waterpump situation. I want to run a electric pump and eliminate the engine driven one. What will I need to change on the Serpentine system from RF to bypass the water pump pulley?

After looking back at the 2005 catalog , I think the correct numbers would be M-8501-A50 for the cover and pump, and just M-8501-D50 for just the pump.I realize there are numbers on the castings, but I think that may be the same units ? That or they are no longer in the motor sports catalog. Maybe Hersh can take a look and confirm , that way the next guy can use this info. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Dave here is a shot of RFs serpentine setup, looks like you would have to do more than just use a shorter belt, due to you wouldnt have enough of a wrap on the crank pulley.Photo courtesy of Roaring Forties

Attachments

• 57371-Engine_serpentine_jpg.jpg
    57371-Engine_serpentine_jpg.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 661

Ron Earp

Admin
Why eliminate the belt driven pump? Nothing is for free, that is, it takes energy to drive the electric pump too.

The mechanical pump keeps the RF's plenty cool (much more a function of cooling design than type of pump, ask Blackjack who tried everything, including e pumps, until Robert told him what to do to get his ERA right) in hot weather with no issues. I doubt you could get an electric pump that would be more compact, simple, and reliable than the shortie SB Ford serpentine pump setup.

R

I bumped this thread back to the top so that others could benefit from some new information I found.

The thread is correct in that the shortest waterpump for the SBF is F67E-8505-BB. This unit is found on the 96 to 2000 Explorer. The new information is that you will not find that part number even as a cross referance on the Ford database. The part number to use is F87Z8501CA PUMP ASY - WATE. That will get the correct pump marked with the BB ID number.

For those running EFI, the 50oz Damper with the ford trigger ring and pully installed is F67Z6312AA. Last but not least for the EFI crowd the Sensor Assembly to matcgh the trigger ring and the front cover is 1L2Z6c351AA.

Back