FORD GT/GT40 ROAD TRIP

Hello everyone.

My name is Rich Truesdell and I am an automotive photojournalist based in Southern California. In July, the 12th to the 18th to be exact, I plan to drive a Ford GT from Donnington in the UK to Maranello and back, along the way visiting at least four GT40s in museums in the UK, France and Germany for a magazine feature that I am producing for publications in the US, Europe, Middle East and Japan. In addition I have photo shoots planned for the Nurburgring and Le Mans.

I have already made several contacts with GT40 owners in several European countries along the route, some who plan to meet me along the way. I am anxious to make contact with as many GT40 owners as possible, including owners of GT40s not manufacture red by Ford. I hesitate to call them clones, replicas or recreations as several I've seen have been hard to tell from original cars.

If you would like additional information on the route, please E-mail me directly and I will be happy to provide you complete details. If you own an original GT40, it would be great if you could provide me with your location and chassis number.

While the route is mostly set, it has not been finalized so it's possible to make minor changes so that we might meet up en route. If you're interested in driving some or all of the trip with me, please contact me immediately with your phone number so I can contact you directly.

Best wishes,

Richard Truesdell
Yorba Linda, CA
www.imageevent.com/mmm_mag/pdffiles
www.richtruesdell.com/Background1.html

Hi Richard,
I am italian and just want to be helpful for u in your italian part of this travel(to Maranello-modena),also maybe just with small tips for your visit here in italy.
Consider if u come around the 12th july u will be at all in our summertime period (maranello is on the road way from Milano, our biggest economic town to adriatic sea...that is our most popular side for vacation).
Since many years is very common here to tarvel every weekend to seaside,and our way of driving can be very dangerous.
In italy we have speed limits, but please..my friend, be very very careful on our roads,cause is very very easy to see in your mirrors cars lauched at top speed with someone driving with fone in hands.
This is too common at all here....
This means u will found a LOT of mess on those roads,and the highway is almost always stopped and full of cars.
I dunno the if cooling system of the gt40 will be ready for this, but do not undervalue the possibility to make a big part of your trip here at only 60km/h under a sun really strong.
And also here will be very veyr easy to find someone with a ferrari asking u to race on the road..almost cause here in italy we never had on the road a gt40 (only 2 GTD in italy,one incomplete and the other was Alboreto's Black gtd mk.II...i hope soon to add also mine..)

if u need some small infos more about here i will tell u(if i know..) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul-Italy

Back