My Dear Wife Chanthima (June) passed away on Sunday

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Dear all, my wife lost her battle with cancer on Sunday night. She came with me to London last February to pick up my DAX40, and has been my constant passenger both on and off the track since then. The fact that she was happy to go anywhere and do anything by my side was a great joy to me. So my fond memories of her will forever be intertwined with the GT40. Some of you have met her very briefly or just seen her at Goodwood last year, so I take this opportunity to let you know this sad news.
David

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
My Deepest Condolances Dave, this is obviously shattering news.
Words can't describe this sort of loss, so I'll stop here....

My sympathies to you and your loved ones.

Bill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dave, your memories are your treasures, they will always remain with you and having just returned today from the funeral of my brother in law, also a cancer victim, the memories I have of him will never leave, he will always be remembered. I am sure you have many happy memories, my sincere sypathies on your loss.
Murray

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dave, please accept my deepest condolances. Keep the memories close to your heart, and you you will make it through these rough times.
Regards Brian

Dave,
I heard the news at the Fairmile meeting last night. June was a lovely lady and her delight at the Goodwood track day last August was a joy to see. I hope you have lots of photos to keep her memory fresh.
My sincerest condolences; may the happy memories of your time together give you strength.
Very best wishes,

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Dave, I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss. Mere words seem so inadequate at time like this, but perhaps you may gain some extra strength from the depth of feeling your "extended GT40 family" has for you - we are all mates - when you hurt, we hurt.

My heart goes out to you.

Peter D.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Thank you all, it was so heartening to receive messages of condolence from all over the world. Today we said our goodbyes. The weather was beautiful, and the service equally so. There were two Buddhist Monks carrying out the ceremony, and I feel that we laid June to rest in a befitting manner. I will miss her more than words can say, but take comfort from the dignity and beauty of her ceremony and departure.
David

Back