First Dyno Run

The local Lotus car club had a gathering at NE Dyno. I went there with my 1965 Lotus Cortina and my wife (similar vintage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I was the last car of our group to run on the dyno because I had a minor problem with the car. A few miles from the dyno place, the engine started sounding a bit strange, but I still had power, so I decided to continue on to the dyno place (I figured it would be safer to stop there where there would be knowledgeable people and tools). When I arrived, I discovered that one of the studs hold the carb in place disappeared, allowing fresh air to leak in. So I got a ride to a local auto parts place and got a replacement stud and a nut. The car seemed okay, so I went for a dyno run.

On the dyno, the car got a max of 72.8 HP and 81.2 Torque. Not bad for a fourty year old car with a 1600 cc engine. As far as I know the engine has been untouched since 1965 (the car has 11,400 miles).

Based on the results of the dyno, my next project for the Cortina is to get the carbs re-jetted.

In two weeks I got back and try again, but next time it will be with a different car and a different group of people.

Attachments

• 58107-PrintOut_s.jpg
    58107-PrintOut_s.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 216
Also at the event were two Panteras. The one from Connecticut had Mikey Mouse painted on the nose. The other Pantera had the Massachusetts license plate "GTFORD" (anyone we know?).

Attachments

• 58108-Pantera_s.jpg
    58108-Pantera_s.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 211

Ron Earp

Admin
Got any other results from the Panteras or Loti in attendance? I'd love to see some results for a Lotus 907 engine of some type or another, naturally asprirated.

Ron

Back