Original MKIII

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Here is a few shots of an original MKIII

Attachments

• 58145-Dsc00110.jpg
    58145-Dsc00110.jpg
    959.2 KB · Views: 322
That must have been some kind of sight to see that in your rear view mirror. Then again, that probably meant that you were being lapped!

kcv

Thanks for the pictures of 1103.
Which museum has the car? Is it Beaulieu? There are some interesting cars in the background.

Are Americans allowed to be "anoraks"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The Impressionistic track with the Bugatti in the background of picture #4 is distinctive. It reminded me of the fantastic displays at the Goodwood Revival. A couple of years ago, I read an article that mentioned that the National Motor Museum hired the designer of the Goodwood displays to design their displays for a new exhibit. A quick check of the museum's website confirms that Beaulieu has 1103 on display.

As far as I can tell the Blue MKIII that was in Beaulieu is now in the Shelby Museum Texas. I believe that was Pia Wyers' car (the daughter of John).
Also Fords' Silver MKIII has been respayed white with a Blue strip similar to this car!
Regards Allan

The MK III isn't an ugly car...it just suffers by comparison
to it's MK I brother, which was more attractive as well as
less expensive.

The MK III was also very expensive compared to Cobras, Porsches, or Corvettes of the day, and the road tests at that time of the MK III were less than complementary. So very poor sales resulted.

MikeD

This car was on show at the Historic Motorsport Show this year and in my opinion is the best Mk111 i,m likely to see.

It is worth the money in theory. In practice.....who knows.

Regards,

Graham @ GTA.

[ QUOTE ]
This car was on show at the Historic Motorsport Show this year and in my opinion is the best Mk111 i,m likely to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both Graham - everything just looks spot on - I asked how much they would charge for a set of side window frames which they made as a one-off. The price was high but the quality is amazing.

Rob

Re: Replica MKIII

The car has a GTD chassis, modified by Revival Motorsport, with a KVA MkIII body, an Oselli-tuned 351 Windsor engine and a Renault 30 box.
I can confirm that this is the car that turned up on the Enthusiasts Club stand at Stoneleigh, as the owner has since joined the Club.
I think he said at the time that Stoneleigh was its first outing, as it was completed in 2005. Yet it's up for sale. Curious!

Back