RCR40

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Congratulations to Mike Harvey for taking delivery of his new RCR40 Mk1....monocoque.

A big thank you to Mike for allowing many potential customers to paw over his car and also for allowing people to climb in and out of the car for three days.....even the 6'6" guys that fitted with ease...no Gurney bump or lowered floor required...and thay still had room to spare....!!!!!

We will be updating the website within the next week so please check it out and see what a great deal all the RCR cars are...

Thanks Fran

Thanks for the great kit Fran...that chassis is truly impressive in person. It was nice meeting all you guys there...hopefully we can do it again next year when my car's finished.

We finally made it back home a few hours ago. You wouldn't believe how many stares and questions that car generated while stopping at rest areas and for fuel (we didn't have an enclosed trailer).

I'll be sure to post some pictures soon - I'm going to get some sleep now.

Love to see the pics Michael ! Also I found the FMS cam specs slip for your cam I sent you. I will try and get it in the mail to you. Dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Michael-

Please be sure to keep us updated. I intend on buying one of Fran's kits (soon) and I would love to watch your progress.

Regards
Bill D

Thanks guys I'll try to get working on that build site soon after I do a few updates to Fran's site (I owe him at least that for the MANY hours of tech support he's provided me).

If anyone happens to venture around the New Orleans area, let me know. I'd be happy to show the car to anyone interested.

AVON, Goodyear and Dunlop make vintage tires that are wider than 295-15. Can any of these be used on the RCR GT40 with the wide hips? And if so, how wide?

Thanks
Bill D

Fran-

would this AP Racing triple floor-mounted pedal assembly work?

pedalbox2.jpg

Bill I see no reason why those wouldn't work...Fran also suggested a 7/8" master cylinder for both the front and the rear brakes. I looked at those pedals but they were out of my price range...I went with the Wilwood floor mounted pedals instead.

Bill...most likely one of the three accelerator pedals on this page. I'm probably going to go with the billet one. Fran mentioned a similar type pedal, but I'm not sure if this was what he meant.

Back