Mk IV steering column on eBay

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Jim is this the real thing???

4d_1_b.JPG

This is claimed to be an original J-Car Steering Column and has a starting bid of $100.00 with no bids at present.

Regards,
Lynn

[ QUOTE ]
Jim is this the real thing???

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Jim said that he would be leaving for Italy on Monday (yesterday), so he may not have easy connectivity.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Right you are Ben. I forgot that he was going to be tooling around in Europe for a while and entering a couple of cars in the Targa Florio.

I wonder if anyone else, Pedro??, knows if this is the "real deal" or not.

Thanks,
Lynn

Ron Earp

Admin
Not much to that at all, at least externally. I imagine the inside is simple too, probably easy to copy and rip people off.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
I emailed the seller re same. He advised that there are no numbers stamped on the column and that it was fabricated. Based upon that, you can draw your own conclusions as to its originality. Furtrhermore, the seller refuses to give out his name or telephone number. Good luck to those who will still bid.

Pedro

Supporter
Thanks for the input Bill, nice to hear it is accurate for the MKIV, at the going price it is provably a good deal even if it is not original; the one on the picture is not original either but it will cost much more than $100 to replicate.

Attachments

• 58833-rack.JPG
    58833-rack.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 229
It's one of those things that can be replicated easily and original or not, 100 bucks to replicate it is reasonable. The bits are cheap, so if you can weld you can make it for $50 including the u joint. Nice pics of the difference between the Mk1 and the MK4.

Back