Number Plate lights

This, I think, is a question for GTD owners. I have a part completed CAV and the supplied number plate lights I'm sure are great for "squarish" rear plates but for a new style UK plate, where they fit is actually covered by the plate.
I noticed on the GTD that they have similar shaped but I think a bit smaller lights which fit on the rebate at each end of the plate. Does any one know where these lights can be found - and their part numbers?

Cheers Brian
You know, I think this is the same light? It looks so similar to the ones I have - but as you know, they "look" bigger on the CAV than the GTD. I'm thinking the issue may be the depth of the rebate for the number plate. I'll remeasure tonight.

I should be bolting the transmission on this weekend - the spigot bearing, flywheel and clutch are all in. Many thanks for your help.

Brian

Brian Magee

Supporter
Brian
I am fairly certain that the ones that Staffords sell are smaller than the ones supplied by CAV. Give Staffords a ring and ask them if they can give you a measurement between the mounting holes.

Brian.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Summit Racing in the US have some really neat number plates lights that are actually built into the head of bolt - 4 of these to hold the plate on & you have lights !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

[ QUOTE ]
Summit Racing in the US have some really neat number plates lights that are actually built into the head of bolt - 4 of these to hold the plate on & you have lights !

[/ QUOTE ]

Got onto these through this forum and brought them in from Summit. I reckon they are perfect and definitely not obtrusive. I brought in 4, but reckon that 2 will probably do, can't wait to fit them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back