Vintage Wheels 17"

Vintage Wheels 17\"

I have been speaking quite a bit with Bob lacey at Vintage Wheels as I was deciding on what wheel to buy for my RF. As it turned out I ordered a set of his wheels which arrived today. Need I say the wheels were wonderful and would look right at home on my car. Then the world hit me in the head because when I fitted the front I found that I had a slight conflict with the brake caliper. Yes I had measured every way but sideways and Bob had been very good in helping me to get the fit right but I still got it wrong. Here I was with these wonderful BRM style wheels that I can't use.

Anyway the reason for this post is that in speaking with Bob I learned that he was introducing a 17" wheel in a couple of months. He offered to ship me a set of the 17" when he got them and that I should hold on to the 15" so that I could ship them to an East cost customer for him.

I can wait a couple of months and I truly enjoyed working with Bob.

Re: Vintage Wheels 17\"

Hi Peter,

It is not a coincidence that Bob Lacey has helped many of us, including me, with our cars. I agree with you that he is first class all the way. However, the real coincidence is the number of people who Bob Lacey has helped and who also have the same license plate (although I understand Bob is willing to help anyone regardless of their license plate).

Bob Childress
CAV, Roush 342, ZF
Arizona Plate # GT40 MK1

Last edited:

I had just emailed them today to enqire about 17" BRM rims, he said that for now, they are only going to do halibrands. I dont need my rims right now anyways so I hope that changes by next year.

I, too, am on the lookout for 17" BRMs and had a similar response from Bob a while ago. I'm looking for some that are properly proportioned rather than fitting larger rims to 15" centres. So far I think PS are the only people doing that. Is that right?

I apolagize that i did not mention that Bobs new 17" wheels would not at be in the BRM style but the original GT40 wheels.

Peter

Neal

Lifetime Supporter

To the best of my knowledge PS Engineering does make 17" BRMs.

Do you know if Bob's 17" GT40 wheels will fit 5 pin Trigo-style adapters? Phil at PSE makes similar wheels but they are not available in pin-drive only 6 pin style.

Does anyone have an idea what PSE 17" BRM wheels cost including adapters and spinners etc.?

I can only assume that the 17" will fit the Trigo style 5 pin adapters. Bob told me that the 17s would fit his adaptors that I already have for the 15 inch setup. I will be spaeaking with Bob today and will check.

Peter

Neal

Lifetime Supporter

Phil uses Trigo adapters. A complete set, including adapters, runs about $2500.

Howard Jones

Supporter

My PSE 17" BRMs are 5 pin knock offs ,trigo adapters.

Attachments

• 59052-wheel20001a.jpg
    59052-wheel20001a.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 324
Back