First fast build up and running

Congratulations to Phil Pucket on the completion of #092. This is the first fast build sold by RF and is now completed. It was purchased 10/12/2004 and driven this past weekend and Nashville Super Speedway.

Attachments

• 58905-ONEP1010016_edited(Medium).JPG
    58905-ONEP1010016_edited(Medium).JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 987
Headed to the track

Attachments

• 58906-TWOP1010009_edited(Medium).JPG
    58906-TWOP1010009_edited(Medium).JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 988
Phil's car is powered by a raceprep 331 stroker motor, Airflow research heads, Demon carb, and Ford X303 Cam. This is a very potent combo.

Attachments

• 58907-ThreeP1010011_edited(Medium).JPG
    58907-ThreeP1010011_edited(Medium).JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 972
The headers have the Jet Hot ceramic system which proves to make the car very cool.

Attachments

• 58908-FOURP1010031_edited(Medium).JPG
    58908-FOURP1010031_edited(Medium).JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,001
I was very glad to be able to accompany Phil to his first track event to give any assistance he might have needed.

Attachments

• 58909-Five.JPG
    58909-Five.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 946
We congratulate Phil for completing his fast build in approximately 75-80 hours.

Attachments

• 58910-SixP1010024_edited(Medium).JPG
    58910-SixP1010024_edited(Medium).JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 949
We are always looking for folks to do track events with us. We try to do tri-state area every summer.

Attachments

• 58911-SevenP1010015_edited(Medium).JPG
    58911-SevenP1010015_edited(Medium).JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 964
Congrats to Phil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can hardly wait until I can do some track time with mine.

Looks like great fun. What kind of speeds were reached?

Dan, Fast Phil was a rookie in the novist group. They tried to hold those guys to about 100 on the super speed way. The road race corse is very difficult at 75 to 80 mph. A class is allowed to move at a much quicker pace on the speedway straight. Excellent place to improve driving skills. My wife has a Roush that she drives at Nashville and Putnam Park in Indy. We will have two GT40's there in October.

Sounds like a trip to my sisters in October. She lives about an hour from Nashville. What are the track dates?

Was this a driving school or a club with track time?

I'm just floored, I just looked at pictures that said the engine was started for the first time, and here it is doing track time. Phil, what a great job, from the piano room to the track in record time.

My best guess put me at least one year away from completion which makes me think that the Quick Build can take a year off the time required to build a car.

Use it in good health.

Peter

Ron Earp

Admin
The quick build can eliminate a lot of time and headache, that is for sure. I suspect it took me six months to panel my car, working on Saturdays. I'm sure Roberts boys can do the job in 3-4 days, and now I think I could do one in 7-9 days time, working 4-5 hours a day. But the first time, well, it is slow!!!!!

All I can say is THANK YOU RON... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The quick build can eliminate a lot of time and headache, that is for sure. I suspect it took me six months to panel my car, working on Saturdays. I'm sure Roberts boys can do the job in 3-4 days, and now I think I could do one in 7-9 days time, working 4-5 hours a day. But the first time, well, it is slow!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

All I can say is THANK YOU RON... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The car color is screaming yellow. This is a new Ford color I believe it to be very close to Ford's crome yellow. Phil also has monogramed seats. He and Robert e mail back and forth and came up with GT40 monogramed into the top of the seats. I should have made some pics but will try to get those later and get them posted.
The dates on the track events are always Memorial Day week end. You can go to driver school or just do the track event. This is hosted by the Music City Mustang Club. We will be there next year. I am sure there are other clubs that have track events there also (SCCA, BMW, PORCHE, ECT,ECT,) Check with the Mustang Clubs in you area, they are also having track events these days.

Back