GTD repair..driving impressions

Bl**dy awful!
Took the car for a drive this morning after getting it legal.
It pulls quite hard to the right hand side over bumps and under braking (thats another issue, see other post)
The tyres are all correctly inflated, I'm wondering if I've got the camber of the wheels wrong (would that do it?)
Any advice?
Thanks
Simon

Well,

I've had a good look at the setup on the front suspension, and although I can't accuratly set up my supension for caster and camber, I have sussed out that I've put the upper wishbone one one side all the way to the front of the slotted bracket, and the other side all the way to the back!
What a fool! I would guess that it's not helping matters!
I'll adjust and report back.

Simon

Seems like I've answered my own question. Moved the top wishbone and it's now fine (subject to some further setting up in the future though)

Malcolm

Supporter
Caster would definately be one cause of your pull. Standard setting is I think 3.5 degrees. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong on that. Remember, you cannot measure one side of the car from a reference point and apply that measurement to the other and expect that to make both sides equal. The chassis is not that exact! I think the standard Camber setting is 0.5 degrees negative. I cannot remember toe in from the top of my head but a little toe in is a better starting point than dead ahead.

Hope that is of some help.

Back