Petrol cap source ?

Anybody know of a source preferably in the UK for the exterior petrol caps.
I will have the key type locking cap mounted underneath so they will only be cosmetic.

Paul i got my Gt40 fuel caps and original door handles from
Trac Engineering
01206 331399
that was a few years ago.

Thanks for the info everybody.
I called Trak engineering and they sold thier molds to a company called Proteus who I called and they said that they are only making the monza style caps. They did know somebody who was making them but not sure if they will sell privately..... I'll post back if I get any info.

Hi

Think Automotive do 'Aston' Filler caps, I bought one for a project a year or so ago. Can't remember the prices off hand. http://www.thinkauto.com/

They are located in Isleworth, so you may be able to pop over and take a look. I found them very helpful.

Think Automotive.
292, Worton Road, Isleworth,
Middlesex, TW7 6EL, England.

Cheers

Paul

[ QUOTE ]
You may want to try autoart. the web address is http://www.autoart.net/. They have what is supposed to be the "replacement" for the original,

[/ QUOTE ]That looks about right. Though it's so polished it's hard to tell if the top is flat or not.

[ QUOTE ]
and it is probably pricey.

[/ QUOTE ]The web site says: "Price: P.O.A." (which probably does translate to "pricey"]

Attachments

• 61736-c350-on.gif
    61736-c350-on.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 662

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
ingvar,

Although very similar, the GT40 caps are flat across the top. The one pictured above appears to have a dome shape to it. I would purchase else where, my .02

So I have spoken to Jared Carson in the US - not sure of the company name that he works for.
Anyway he makes the caps with the flat mirrored tops, see attached picture.
They work out at $178.50 (US dollars) each which I think is a fair price.
His email is [email protected] if you are interested.
UK shipping was $50 I think.

Attachments

• 61772-gt40capRR1.jpg
    61772-gt40capRR1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,177

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Richard or Paul,

Does TRAC have a website? The original Sabre BOM had several items that were sourced from TRAC, but I could never figure out who they were or how to contact them.

Thanks,
Lynn

PS: Never mind guys, it is prety clear that they don't, and the items in the Bill Of Materials were, indeed, the gas caps and door handles, both of which I got from Jared Carson. I would not consider any other source except Jared; a truly good guy in my book.

Jared's cap looks like an original cap, 'cept it's a bit too pretty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back