The July issue of "Sports Car Market" has an ad by Morris & Wellford in the UK: "1969/96 Ford GT40. Chassis number P1087 is the first of three Ford Motor Co. sanctioned production GT40s originally scheduled to have been built in 1967/69 but made in 1996, under approval of J.W. Automotive Engineering Ltd., and overseen by Bryan Wingfield. It was built to the same technical specification as the 1969 Le Mans cars using all essential original special parts and fitted with a highly tuned 302 cu. in. (4996cc) Ford V8 producing over 440BHP. Painted silver fox with contrasting blue stripes." No price is given. An e-mail address for Miles Morris ([email protected]) is given for information. I wonder where the tub came from: a "bitsa" from scrounged Abbey Panels pieces, Tennant, or ?? It would seem that the only likely difference between this car and other high-quality reproductions is a JWA chassis number. It will be interesting to see how the market treats this car vis-a-vis Mk V GT40s. Comments?

As I recall the red Willment car 1089 has been in a museum for a few years waiting for someone to offer £ 250 000

They are reported to be fully sanctioned GTs, just recently completed. I would consider them more original than Mark Vs. No race history of course.

Back