Some More Solutions

Pat

Supporter
Another problem was that inside the car there are no map or interior lights other than the guages. This made getting in and out an interesting challenge in the dark. So I acquired some Marine LEDs and wired them to the console for a dome (roof) light, a under dash map light and a foot well light. Total cost was $29US. Parts are marine grade from West Marine. Works great, looks slick...

Attachments

• 59290-Interiorlightfwd.JPG
    59290-Interiorlightfwd.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 363

Pat

Supporter
The illuminated switch.

Attachments

• 59292-InteriorLightswitch.JPG
    59292-InteriorLightswitch.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 369
Here is a useful modification I have done to my car. The pictures are of the ends of the trailing arms at the rear uprights. On my car the trailing arms and the sway bar adjustment rods did not have flats to hold the rods when tightening or loosing the jam nuts for the rod ends.

This fix was suggested by Tom Yancer Race Cars in Chandler, Arizona. The centers of un-plated mild steel nuts were lathed out to the O.D. of the rods. They were then slipped over the ends of the existing rods and welded in place.

Whatever paint was originally used on these CAV parts is really tough. I tried engine paint and brake caliper paint but they were not even close to the original finish as far as resistance to solvents. I ended up sending the parts out to be sand blasted and power coated to make them ready for final re-assembly.

I was glad Tom told me about this easy fix so, at least in this case, I did not go about re-inventing the wheel.

Bob

Last edited:
Back