Making Adjustable Pedals

I am planning on building an RCR GT40 as soon as I can sell my Cobra. prior to that, I'm trying to layout various parts of the build so that I don't have to experiment during the build. I would like to use a floor mounted triple pedal assembly from AP Racing. Can I make a plate to which I could mount the pedals and adjust them using various holes drilled in the plate? Or is there a better way? I know you guys across the pond know these cars better than most.

Thanks

Bill D
Los Angeles, CA

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Bill

If you are using floor mount presumably you will have some sort of bracket / runner in front of the pedals on which the pedal box attaches.

So there will be a step up from the floor skin up to the bracket / runner.

So if you slide the pedals forward won't your heal snag up on the runner? Perhaps the movement you requore is not as much as to allow the bracket / runner to be a problem.

So if your clutch foot / heal depresses the pedal and ends up snagging on the bracket it could cause geat change problems - on the brakes even worse!

On my Dax they are hung pedals and they seem to be so far away from my toes at the mounting point that this situation should never arise.

Perhaps there is something I'm missing on adjusting floor mount stuff - if so please spill the beans

Ian

Hi Ian-

The reason for adjustable pedals is that the seats are fixed. I'm 5'11" and my girlfriend is 5'2".

I don't forsee a problem with my heal hitting the plate. The plate would be 3/8" thick and you use the ball of your foot to push the pedals. But this is the reason I'm asking this question to elecit all responses as I may have overlooked something, much like you mentioned. In any case, I guess I could make a wooden mockup and test the idea before implementing it.

Thanks
Bill

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Check these out, looks nice. Cost alot, but you know the story. Did anyone have prices for the AP pedal assembly shown in one of the other threads? By the way the Tilton 3 pedal is very nice, probabally easy to make something adjustable, but now that I think of it, who cares as long as they fit for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://www.tridentracing.co.uk/racingsupplies/pedalbox.htm

Sandy

Bill,
Having had to crawl under the dash of a GT40....may I suggest wood blocks and tape! (HA HA!) Seriously, unbolting and moving a pedalbox every driver change sounds like as much fun as oral surgery. Why don't you have a seat insert made that you can pop in and out they they do for the race cars with multiple drivers? Just my $.02
Andy

Back