Heater/Defroster

I don't need cabin heat to pass a state inspection, however I DO need a windshield defroster/defogger. From a simplicity perspective, it seems that using an electric one may be the way to go. Simpler installation, no plumbing, and no lugging a heater core around to add extra weight. And quite frankly, it's never going to be used anyway.Has anyone tried this yet and if so, do they have advice regards to products to utilize?

Thanks
Brian

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
I am sure that way in the dim distant past, there was a thread running about the successful use of 12V "travellers" hair driers.

I had a sort of similar requirement (for rego) to have an electrically operated driver's door mirror - was never going to be used, but had to be there. I just threw a couple of switches & a small sealed 12V battery together & velcro'd them in the door !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Used 12v hairdryer in the last Cobra build for demister. Worked very well, very cheap and very easy. Cost around AU$12. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You can pick them up from most camping & auto stores here, so shouldn't be a problem getting them local to you.

Actually it's still in there and working till this day, even though it was only a temporary thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ohh, I like this Ian, many thanks. Have not found anything like that local, but now I know what to aim for.

Brian

Back