Head Gaskets Required - Urgent!

Anyone over here know where we can find a new pair of head gaskets?

The ones required fit a Ford 351 Big Bore (4.160") and the fire-rings are not round, but shaped to allow for larger inlet valve.

Real Steel - quote 2weeks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif - and Repower are closed all this week - doh!

Anyone know of anyone else? or have a spare set on the shelf? (I wish...)

Required for our high speed attempt this coming weekend.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks Neal -

& many thanks for the emails / pm's received with various suggestions - we have managed to source in the UK and should have them tomorrow.

For those that are interested, they were Felpro 1022 / 1023 gaskets which are handed left and right.

Thanks again to all who offered assistance... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Mike -

They came from Peter Knight of Knight Racing Services - 01327 871177... very friendly - helpfull people...

Roy collected heads from machining yesterday and I'll torque them down tomorrow when I go over for final prep for Saturday's high speed attempt.

Engine was pulling well past 6K at Goodwood prior to head gasket failure (new big injectors) - so here's hoping for a good speed on Sat....

More details of EVENT and a full 2005 ENTRY LIST can be found at www.speedtrial.co.uk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back