DOOR WEATHER SEALS!

has anybody any suggestions on door weather seals i have tried the normanl door seal from car builder solutions which has a nylon u channel and spoonge rubber o seal but it seems almost too big when i close the door the front part of the door and a pillar by the windscreen seem to trap the rubber its as if the seal needs to be smaller the sponge rubber is 17mm any suggestions?

Chris, Robin Batt, GTD racer, supplies all seals through his company, C O H Baines and co of Tunbridge Wells, Kent, see website for catalogue or talk to Robin. Frank

[ QUOTE ]
Chris, Robin Batt, GTD racer, supplies all seals through his company, C O H Baines and co of Tunbridge Wells, Kent, see website for catalogue or talk to Robin. Frank

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought some from Robin last year.
His company's number is 01892 543311.
You will need the DX71 seal and a door takes about 2.7m, so order 3m.
It's the real McCoy, as fitted to the original cars.

Folks,
I received a mail from the sales dept of Baines with following details:
Doors: Apost Roof BBOst x 2 doors= 7 meters DX71 1.39£/m
Door sill x 2doors = 3 meters DX70 1.39£/m
Winsdcreen finisher 7 meters WT02 0.81£/m

They can also supply adhesive backed sponge strip for front Perspex light covers-side windows and for closure of front and rear decks:
Light & side windows SAB/N 10mm x 3mm (per roll 10m) 2.60£
Front and rear deck SAB/N 19mm x 6mm (per roll 10m) 7.60£

For those who are refurbishing or building....and orginal GT40 stuff!!!

Success
Fred

Which is the best seal for around the windscreen. I would imagine it has a "J" shape to grip behind the screen edge and a flat top to cover the screen / body edge. Any recommendations on where to buy ?

Back