Chassisnumber

I recently bought a 1989 GTD40, which was advertised here. For the licensing process we need to find the stamped chassisnumber on the chassis. We can only find a simple plate riveted to the chassis. Does anyone know where to find the stamped number.

Best regards,

Gerard van der Helm
[email protected]

[ QUOTE ]
I recently bought a 1989 GTD40, which was advertised here. For the licensing process we need to find the stamped chassisnumber on the chassis. We can only find a simple plate riveted to the chassis. Does anyone know where to find the stamped number.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't find the chassis number, have you considered stamping it on the chassis yourself?

When I replaced the chassis on my Lotus Elan, I used an electric engraver to scratch the original chassis number on the replacement chassis before I painted the chassis. The one time an inspector asked to see the chassis number during the annual inspection, he was happy with it.

Gerard,

You should contact Malcom Mc Adam.
He knows eveything about GTD chassis numbers.
He gave me the full history of my car and its 'official' GTD chassis versus my registered one.
Email me if you want his ctc
Rgds
fred

Thanks for the replies. Paul Thompson mailed me also. He told me that he will look into the V5C document and probably can check the history of the car.

Back