Karting

Rob Bromfield

GT40s Supporter
Following on from February's highly enjoyable karting session I'm proposing to organise a karting
meeting one evening in mid-October at the recently reopened Aldershot venue.

This will coincide with the time of year in the northern hemisphere when we have to put our toys away but before we have to start thinking of Xmas.

This event is open to everybody and anybody.

If you are interested in coming along please add your name to the thread below and I will contact you with the details.

Rob Bromfield

GT40s Supporter
I'm proposing the 13th October and the cost is dependent on the number of people who want to go but we're looking at about £30 a head.

Count me in, plus my son Stuart who wants to defend his title. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif plus my oldest boy Ben.

Rob I'm up for it too. We had a great time last Winter and Aldershot is nearer for me than Andover.

Rob Bromfield

GT40s Supporter
I've booked the Aldershot venue for Thursday the 13th of October for 8pm.

I'll be at the Bullington Cross meet on the 16th Aug looking for deposits (£15 per person) to cover the deposit I've had to pay.

If you can't make the Bullington Cross meet you can always drop me a line at
[email protected]

Malcolm

Supporter
Rob

Did you PM me? I can't seem to find it anymore if you did. I am interested in the karting and could possibly scrape together a GTD club team but cannot confirm until a little closer to the time. A number of other things are happening and I need to be sure they do not clash.

Rob Bromfield

GT40s Supporter
I haven't had any replies from the GTD Club members so I PM'd you to extend a personal invitation.

The format will be the same as February's bash - names in a hat, teams of four, 90 minutes endurance race, trophy for the first 3 teams etc

If anyone is interested I'll keep the roster open until the last minute, say the 6th Oct. Hopefully I'll be able to accommodate people until the 13th but the Aldershot Venue can't guarantee this.

Rob Bromfield

GT40s Supporter
So far we've got 28 drivers for Karting at Aldershot on the 13th October.

I'll be sending out detailed directions of how to get there from Junction 4 of the M3 but if anyone wants directions from elsewhere then please feel free to e-mail me on
[email protected]

The meeting will start at 7:30pm with the drivers brief with the 90 minute endurance race starting at 8:00pm. Teams of four will be chosen by random using the good ol' names in a hat method.

It would be possible to accomodate another 4 drivers or alternatively if you'd like to be considered as a substitute in case of last minute drop outs etc then e-mail me as above.

See you all on the 13th!

Malcolm

Supporter
Rob

At long last I have a pass for the evening! If space still remains please count me in. Also can I take a space for a friend to come along too?

Rob Bromfield

GT40s Supporter
Welcome aboard Malcom!
I'm sure we can find space for you and your friend.
Price is £35 a driver which you can pay on the night.
I'll send you a PM with the directions.

Any more out there?

Brian Magee

Supporter
Are we all ready for tomorrow evening?

Brian.

Attachments

• 66718-Kartcrash.jpg
    66718-Kartcrash.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 206

Rob Bromfield

GT40s Supporter
I've sent out directions to all those who've expressed an interest but just in case here's a copy:

From J4a M3 held south towards Aldershot on the A331.
Turn right at the A323 junction on to Ash Road.
Keep in the right hand lane and follow signs to the town centre
Cross small roundabout.
Continue on this road until you pass under a railway bridge.
At next roundabout turn right onto Ordnance Road.
Continue on this road and go straight across the next roundabout keeping on
Ordnance Road.
Take the next right on to Government Road, there is a brown information sign on the left hand side just before this turning pointing the way to "Gold Valley".
Take the second turning on the right, there's a brown information sign on the left hand side at this turning saying "Karting" but it's half obscured by a tree.
Stop at the gatehouse and tell them you're there for the Karting and they'll tell you where to park etc.

Note that on the original directions I said J4 M3 but it's actually J4a M3!

I've sent out corrected directions to everyone.
Apologies for not being able to read a map!

Rob

Brian Magee

Supporter
Rob

An excellent evening even though Roy Snook's team won! Many thanks for all of the time and effort you put in to organising this event.

Brian.

Malcolm

Supporter
Echo Brian's sentiments above. Thanks Rob. And also thanks to Tony Hunts legitimate "wide" driving that kept Brian off Sam's back allowing our team to remain on the bottom step of the podium. It got really close! Rob, you work with some nice guys.

Back