ASHES

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
A certain competition/war is about to commence between two great Nations, over a very small and insiginificant chalice filled with Ashes. Although of little value, this chalice is known to many as a Holy Grail, and war has been waged for possesion of it by these two Nations at regular intervals for over a hundred years.
Let both Nations find Honour on the field of battle, and may
the best Team win. GO THE AUSSIES /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifGO WARNIE.

Pete, we should all send Warnie a text message of encouregement. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hmmm, all my mates from the U.K. seem very quiet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Anyone know how the first Test is going?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, all my mates from the U.K. seem very quiet

[/ QUOTE ]

Just quiet? Or quietly confident? Just seen Dizzy Gillespie's first ball go for 4 - only another 398 to go with all 10 wickets standing. No problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hi Pete and all,

On Saturday the Springboks hammered the Wallabies but then the previous Saturday it was the other way around. The third round this coming Saturday should be the telling one. Makes sport fun. Nothing guaranteed. Schumacher and team supreme for a long time, now Renault's turn!

Australia and South Africa have been cricket and rugby 'enemies' for many years and generally evenly matched. Americans must think we are nuts to play those funny sports but then if you want to upset an American tell him that his favourite sports, baseball and basket ball are derived from English school girls games, netball and rounders! He, he, he, I had better switch off before I get shot, which is one thing Americans do well!

Talking of sport, Lance Armstrong is surely unique among men, a great role model for millions and a brilliant ambassador for his country. He sure would make a popular politician.

Best regards,
Andre 40

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Andre, I agree with you about Lance Armstrong an amazing athlete.
Rob, I don't want to sound like I'm crowing, so I'll just say well done to the Aussies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Second Test starts tomorrow, you bewdy something to watch on T.V. for a change. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Good luck to all my English friends.

Attachments

• 62184-Warne.jpg
    62184-Warne.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 638
Thanks Pete, at time of reply we're 132-1, which probably means if we can get that, you guys will set a new test record for runs scored /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Brett

Wow, 400 runs in a day. What have you Poms been feeding the Test Team?? Are they really THAT scared of Ooh Aah Glen McGrath that, with him gone, they can actually play well.
Well done anyway, good to see a competitive.....ooops, hang on, don't be nice to the Pommies, this is war! We'll kick your assses when we bat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Well done the Poms, that many runs in a day has not been scored against the Aussies by England since 1934 (I think).
Better to watch than F1. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

With McGrath out the Poms will be less reliant on their great hope. The Pommy cheer squad has been in full voice chanting "Heavy Heavy Heavy", "Rain Rain Rain" in an effort to drown out (excuse the pun) "Aussie Aussie Aussie", "Oi Oi Oi". Jokes aside let's hope its a good and close game. Regards

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
OPPS, Looks like we are in trouble, unless Warnie can make 100. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gifYep we are in deep trouble /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Great game, well done the Poms, Flintoff should F**k off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Seriously. Well played, look forward to the next Test.

[ QUOTE ]
WE WAS ROBBED!!!!!
see here : not out

I'm eating sour grapes for lunch today.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I'm English, but IMHO there were more bad decisions given in Australian's favour during the match (Pieterson and Bell's 'wickets' in the second innings, and what should have been an lbw decision in the last session). Without any technology for the umpires, that's just cricket. It was a great game nonetheless, and at least it will make the rest of the series more interesting.

Back