BRIGHTON SPEED TRIALS 2005

Hi all -

The Brighton Speed Trials celebrate their 100th Anniversary this year and the always popular event has been oversubscribed to quite a degree.

So, if you've entered - have you heard back yet? - Answer by reply posting please.....

I'll kick it off-

Roy Smart - GTD40 Mk1 5600cc - Entry accepted/confirmed
Paul Thompson - GTD40 Mk1 5600cc - Entry accepted/confirmed
?

edit - ps, am I the only person who views this as few others seem to post here..

MWGT40

Supporter
Paul,

I am very pleased to say that my entry was also accepted so I will see you guys there. Should be fantastic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Paul I've had my entry received/accepted ,so see you all there....gearbox willing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hi Dave -
Well done for getting the entry - I look forward to seing you there and if you need any help or advice, please ask as we are a friendly bunch!

The event is on Sept 10th - on Madeira drive. (seafront)

Malcolm

Supporter
Wendy and I are both entered, with Wendy now on an A licence she will also be in the main event. And on slicks.

Paul,
I'm planning to come to Brighton on 10 September to watch and renew an acquaintance with the event for the first time in nearly 40 years.
Is it worth planning on bringing the '40? We would need somewhere to park not too far from the action as I like to keep my eye on the car as well as answering questions from my adoring public! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
If there were enough of us, could we park together?

Tony,

I went last year for the first time in 33 years and was glad I did. However I would not recommend taking the 40 unless you can get onto Marina drive itself. Park somewhere with your road car (or better still go on the train) and enjoy the freedom of the day. You need to get a spot on the balcony walk early to get a good view.

You can walk all round the pits for a small sum and have a great day! Do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Malcolm

Supporter
Bringing a 40 to Brighton as a spectator is a bad move. There is no where sensible to park it. Even trying to park support vehicles can be a nightmare if you are just a tad late in arriving.

However would definately recommend entry to pits as a good investment of I think about £10. Remember this year is the 100th anniversary of the first event so much more is planned than normal. Should be good.

Tony,

If you (or anyone else) wants to bring something special to Brighton for the event but has concerns about parking, I can offer some covered spaces in the carpark under my office. Its about a mile from the front so let me know and I will send you a map.

Back