Cars for Sale

Ron Earp

Admin
I've had a few comments regarding the cars for sale section and I'd like to state the intent of this section for the record.

This forum section is for the owners of the cars for sale to post them here. Now, of course, to post here it requires the owner of the car to be a subscriber, but that isn't such a big deal - $20 allows them to post and they can put as many pictures up as they like, write as much as they like about the car, and link other sites to the thread as much as they'd like. Frankly, it is much cheaper than Autotrader, Ebay, Dupont, Cobra Country, and others and it will reach the target audience - GT40 folks.

There have been numerous cars sold through this forum, mine own included, and I think the service is worth it.

But, if supporting members post cars for sale that belong to non-supporting members it undermines the system. People that subscribe to the forum feel cheated because they "paid" to advertise their car, and non-supporters get advertising for free. In the end, I'm not going to "police" this forum section and delete posts that work around the system, I simply expect folks to conduct themselves accordingly.

Off soapbox now, I needed to act on concerns of others and set the record straight.

Ron

Oop's - Sorry Ron - I suspect that is aimed at me....

The owners of the three cars I posted in this section contacted me to place details in the club magazine, two of them have NO internet access or even computers for that matter.

However, as the mag is quarterly, I figured it might help someone out by placing them in this section also, and by help I mean an existing forum member who may be looking to purchase a car. I had no wish to circumnavigate any means of raising funds for the forum, I just figured I was helping out. (esp as two of them have no PCs anyway...)

Anyway - my apologies for upsetting anyone and in future I'll keep quiet about any that become known to me for sale - placing details only in the club magazine..or on the club website.

Once again - sorry for any grievance I may have caused.... especially to "those forum members that feel cheated becaused they paid to advertise their car" - Sorry!

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Paul,

If those people are paying to put that in the club magazine then I don't think it is a problem to put them here. The club supports the site, so I think that is reasonable. Besides, I don't think anyone was really all that bent out of shape about it, it was just one of those things that popped up when Simon was/is selling his car. Again, if you have club cars that are going in the club magazine or site that folks have contracted the club to put up then by all means put them here too, or at least in the Club Forum section if you don't feel comfortable putting them here.

Ron

Back