GTD for sale, UK

As most of you may already know, my GTD is for sale.
You'll also probably know of all the upgrades I've made over the past year (totaling several thousands of pounds)Including a new Docking aluminium radiator, complete new Hi-Spec braking system (with balance bar/adjustable pedal box) rebuilt servo's,, re-powdercoated supension parts, reconditioning and repsoitioning of the steering rack (to reduce bump steer) quite apart from the 4-5K's worth of engine mods (fully documented) done to the car before I bought it.
The car drives steers and stops superbly and just as I have it how I want it....I have to sell it !
If anyone would like further details/pictures, or would like to view the car (I live in Essex, UK) please give me a call on either 01708 224402 or 07802 463848.
Simon

Attachments

• 61416-gt40-pics-1.jpg
    61416-gt40-pics-1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 335
As you may have seen on my post in the ebay section, the auction is now past the point of no return and the car WILL be sold this evening.
If anyone fancied making an offer, it'll now have to go through Ebay.
Thanks guys.

Simon

Despite the best efforts of both Olivier (the Ebay purchaser) and myself, we have been unable to transfer the payment between Oliviers bank in France, and mine in the UK.
As I'm in need of the cash urgently (the only reason I'm selling) and have already waited over a month for the payment, I MAY reluctantly have to offer the car again for sale.
I am of course trying to offer Olivier every chance to complete the transaction, but cannot afford wait any longer.
If anyone is interested in the car, please feel free to email me on [email protected] and should the sale with Olivier not complete soon, the car will again be offered for sale.
There's a moral in here somewhere.....

Simon

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Maybe your reeeeeally supposed to keep it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm stunned he can't make the payment.

I've recently made payments to both the USA and France from the UK, both by using BACS transfers.
All I needed was the banks full name & address, account holders full name & address, plus
the usual account name, number, and sort code.

and if he can't manage that, point him at:
http://www.worldfirst.com/individual/bank-convert-currency-transfer-abroad.htm

I have had funds paid to me via this method and never had any problems. Note that over £10k is commission free. I can't recall how good/bad the exchange rate was, but it can't have been too bad else I would have remembered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If this guy was really serious (IMO) he would have jumped across the pond with a wad of
notes in his hand by now. I know I would have anyway.

Good luck Simon. Fingers crossed it all works out very soon.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Cars are done cash in my neck of the woods. Call him up and tell him to go to the bank, get cash, ride the train to your house, buy car, drive it home.

Give him 24hrs to confirm above and 72hrs to arrive with cash in hand. If He can't do this then he's not serious.

If he comes up with some kind of BS then have him post a non refundable deposit check in the airmail. Make it large enough to force him to shit or get off the pot. Couple of grand ought to do it. Then your time waiting is paid for.

If he can't come up with the money in a week then he doesn't have it. Keep the deposit and move on.

Business is business.

Ron Earp

Admin
I do bank tranfers frequently to the UK, Germany, and Austrialia and occasionally France. Simon, I don't think he is serious as this is not a difficult thing to do - move on and cut your losses, take Howard and John's advice.

Ron

Olivier is coming over to collect his car within the next few days.
I already have had a deposit from him, so have been keen to give him every opportunity to complete.
I'm sure this is the end of our troubles, and that Olivier will soon be driving home to Paris in his new car.
I can assure you I will not sell another car to an Ebayer out of the country again.
Simon

ps, don't you just hate banks? I've been with them for over thirty years and they can't EVER handle a transfer from abroad, It ALWAYS causes problems.

Ron Earp

Admin
Hope it works out well for you Simon, I know it has been a long road - look foward to seeing Olivier on the forum too! Best,
Ron

Well, it's finally gone.
Olivier flew over from Paris today and I picked him up from Paddington in London.
I think he seems to be pleased with the car (and I hope appreciates what a bargain he's got)
I led him on my motorcycle from where I live, to the start of the M20 to Dover for his ferry crossing home. It seemed very strange to see someone else driving "my" car but it did look absolutly fantastic on the road.
I can't deny it was a sad moment for me to see my favourite car ever driving away from me down the M20 as I waved it goodbye.
I'd like to wish Olivier many happy miles in the car.
Simon (sob) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I don't wish to wash my dirty laundry in public, but a word of caution to all.
I decided to trust Olivier and let him take my car back to france WITHOUT all the cash. It seems now that my bank are telling me it will be 8 WEEKS before his cheque is cleared.
BIG MISTAKE.
It seems I will now NOT be in a financial position to start my business venture (the only reason I sold the car in the first place) as the person selling has already waited so long and cannot wait any longer.
I hope my mistake serves as a warning.

Simon (NOT a happy bunny)

Keith

Sorry to hear that mate. Have you considered popping over to France and getting the cash??? You could be there and back within 1 day.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Go get your money, CASH, or come home with the car. If he wraps it around a phonepole you will never see a dime.

business is business!

Simon, I really feel for you.

You know what you have to do though. If he claims he has the money it should not be a problem for him if you were to take the euroshuttle to Paris to pick up readies rather than wait for the cheque to clear.
For the sake of the cost of the ticket it has to be the only sensible thing to do.
8 weeks is 8 weeks, and no way would I want to wait that long to see if the cheque bounces...

Jesus, you really aren't having a lot of luck with this sale are you :|

Keith

Hey Simon! I'll drive you over if you like! (You pay the gas) I'm retired now, but I used to collect professionally (if you know what I mean) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hi guys,
Thanks for all the advice. I hope I made it clear that I'm not blaming Olivier for the delay, we have done everything possible to make this transaction smooth. It's just the banks in the UK and France that seem to be conspiring against us.
They asked us for numbers for a transfer....we provided them....they stuffed us....TWICE (seems about par for the course)
Oliviers cheque is in fact a draft, they have taken the money ALREADY from his account, and, it seems, are going to hang on to it for eight weeks before giving it to me!
Banks....don't you just love 'em?

Simon

Well, I'd like to finally report that the transaction between Olivier and myself is finally completed. Despite our best efforts, the banks in France and the UK took FOREVER to get the money transfer completed. I'd just like to make it quite clear again that it was no fault of Oliviers (or mine come to that) the sale took so long.
I'd like to take this opportunity to wish Olivier the very best with his new car, I hope he has many happy (and safe) miles in it.

Simon

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Another GTD from Simon for sale/trade in UK

[ QUOTE ]
Hi there,
I've decided it's time to sell my GTD GT40 replica and finally treat myself to an Ultima GTR.
If anyone knows of soeone who's looking for a GT40 replica, or someone who's looking to sell a GTR (prefer completed, but also interested in part built) please get in touch.
Many thanks
Simon
[email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

Back