Quick search

Hello
I use Windows xp internet explorer. My problem with this site is that a "quick search" gives the only result "page is wrong" in the information section below. Does anyone have a solution to this problem??
Thanks
Ingvar

Scott McDill

Supporter
Ingvar,

Last I heard the software used for the board is a beta version. Therefore some of the functions are a bit messed up. Just use the regular search function from the headder at the top. It seems to work fine.

Ron Earp

Admin
That is correct. I'm debating sticking with this software or migrating to something else. This software is "cheap" in the world of forum software but it is largely supported by programmers that write mods for it to make it work - sort of like an open source OS.

As you can imagine, that means getting things to work correctly requires some work, imagination, and sometimes contract work to people who write to mods to get them to fly.

On the other hand, if I migrate I don't want to board to suffer nor us to loose any of the huge amount of data we've complied that I don't think you could put a value on, it'd be a shame.

R

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Ron, each time I visit a different forum I say to myself, "boy, my GT40s website is so much better than this one". Thanks Ron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have yet to visit a forum that's as easy and comprehesive to surf as this one. No doubt one of the reasons I spend most my free time here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif(I won't mention all the time I'm here when I should be working)

Here's trick for searching this forum.

Go to google.com and precede a search with "site:gt40s.com". That'll restrict google to just this forum. It may not get the most recent posts, but it should have all the older posts index (it depends upon when Google last scanned gt40s.com)

Back