Ebay scam, UK

Hi guys,
Just a quck heads up on a scam on ebay at the moment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....7989496455&rd=1

I'm sure nobody here has bid on it, (although six ebayers have) but just to make you aware of the format these people use

1 New bidder (zero feedback) not always a g'tee, but be wary.

2 Bids kept private, this means the bidders can't be contacted and be informed of the scam by other ebayers

3 location, "london, london" HUH? also "london, city of" is another favourite

4 Price, usually starts in nice round figures (again, no gtee though)

5 Read the ad FULLY. phrases like " paid over 3500 dollars" lets you know these scumbags cut and paste these ads wholesale from the US site

6 Location (again) if there's no location (sometimes it just says UK) ask them where they are. They'll usually tell you they're in the tip if scotland/cornwall but "don't worry because we will ship as soon as payment is made" (yeah right)
Email and say that they're just round the corner from you and you'll pop round for a look.....I can gaurantee the emails'll dry up

7 phone number, some of the buggers will send you a mobile number for you to ring. it'll be false! just trying to make you think they're genuine.

If you keep a regular look out for keywords like "chevy" "Ford 302" and "supercharger" (like I do, sad git that I am) you'll see them crop up all the time.

Simon

Back