The Right .........

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Just been sent this. I think it was originally Australian in origin, as I read it on another web site as well. Very apposite in view of todays new threats.

Our Country - YOU Have the right - the right to leave !
"IMMIGRANTS, NOT BRITONS, MUST ADAPT".

"I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on London , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of British citizens. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.
I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of Britain being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.
As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.
We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the Language!
"Dieu et mon Droit " ('God and my right') is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.
If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.
If the Union flag, The Royal coat of arms, or the Shield of England offends you, or you don't like our way of living, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.
We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great British freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it was originally Australian in origin

[/ QUOTE ]
It may be, but as an Australian who really does read a lot of newspapers and listens to a lot of news reports, I have not heard anyone claim that patriotism is “offensive” nor do I believe that anyone this side of the enchanted forest has said it in the context of this letter. You would really have to wonder what motive someone would have for manufacturing an enemy that does not exist. If anyone disagrees with me, then I challenge them to produce a named quote from any major Australian newspaper that even remotely relates to the subject in this letter. They are all published on the net. I doubt that they could even find a British newspaper with such a quote.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it was originally Australian in origin

[/ QUOTE ]
If anyone disagrees with me, then I challenge them to produce a named quote from any major Australian newspaper that even remotely relates to the subject in this letter. They are all published on the net. I doubt that they could even find a British newspaper with such a quote.

[/ QUOTE ]
When someone said it was of Australian origin, I wondered if it was a rewrite of the rantings from a few years ago of the Australian Pauline Hanson, former leader of the racist "One Nation" party. But Googling for the text finds many webpages with the rant, but none are linked to her name. The page exists in both American and Australian versions.

I didn't try looking at each page to figure out which was older or where it originated, but it seems to be at least two years old, possibly older.

Apposite? Yes, if you mean the threat from bigots and tired old racist propaganda rehashed to suit some perceived opportunity or moment of weakness.

Tim.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Yahoo, Here they they go again, off the road into the left ditch! This is a problem here in the USA also. Any time someone says something that the wennie girlie men on the left don't like the lefties start screaming racist, bigot.... Bla bla bla.

Don't bother, no ones wants to hear it anymore. Some people will stand in the door, others hide under the bed. Then as soon as the monster is gone the wennie under the bed starts complaining about EVERYTHING. Quite as a mouse when the fights on though.

Stop bitchin and DO something. Letters to the editor don't count. Go down to the local fire station or police station and thank them. Take them a couple of dozen donuts, shake some hands, and thank them. Ask them if you can DO somthing to make their jobs easier. Sponsor a local boy scout troop to go over and wash all their cars. How about the next time you see some young private in uniform in a resturant with his wife and new baby. DO something, buy them dinner and thank them for you freedom. Everytime you see one of them in public say thank you loud enough so that others hear you. Maybe it will catch on.

But please.... if you won't DO anything then just sit down and SHUT UP! We'll scare off the monsters again and then you can come out from under the bed, change your shorts, and bitch. Just don't distract us from the business at hand.

Howard, you fascist republican,,, what the hell are you doing in “K”alifornia? We need to deport your ASS to your “country”, Idaho (or is it Michigan!). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

We don’t need your kind around the “Raider Nation”, WE IS PEACE LOVIN FOLKS
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Girle Man Fender

There I was thinking that the original post was a quote about language, religion and multicultural dilution with a brief reference to the bombings in London designed to suggest that anyone who doesn't speak English fluently or has alternative beliefs will blow people up, when all the time it was about Soldiers and girlie men under the bed.

Maybe your comments were just Preemptive defence Howard? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I agree with you about the soldiers though, whatever our disagreements elsewhere, those people deserve tremendous respect.

Politics on this forum is a mistake.

Tim.

[ QUOTE ]
Then as soon as the monster is gone the wennie under the bed starts complaining about EVERYTHING

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m not sure that I follow the argument and how it relates to patriotism being offensive, but I would have thought that the coward under the bed was the person who wrote the letter. That author is obviously shaking in his boots about what might happen when the scary foreigner arrives. He is so insecure that he felt the need to invent a non-existent situation because he couldn’t find a real situation to justify his actions. Not just frightened, but a con-man too. Do you really want to align yourself with such a person?

Howard Jones

Supporter
OK OK Maybe I got a little ahead of the curve but I live near the center of the people's republic of west calif. That would be anything west of Dublin Calif.

I live in EAST Kali-forn-ya and I'm a little tired of the wimpy commie cowards who would sell us all out to be the last in line for the firing squad.

So sorry love love kisses kisses 40s 4 ever!

And you Fred! Get a JOB! Or move to San Francisco! Love ya buddie! Come over at 2PM Thursday and we'll drive over to Danville together. Bring a folding chair and sunglasses for your viewing pleasure. Man I would like to have the plastic sugery concession in Danville. 6K$ a set. Hey bring a camera and we'll post some pictures of the..... enthusiasts.

Back