Caution in and around London

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Just in:
Dear all,
Please beware when you travel in West London or are in the area, it appears there are unmarked blue BMW motorcycles with vidoe equipment working the area
Sussex Police have taken delivery of new Mitsubushi Evo 8's around the Gatwick area and they are now in use.
And a reminder that the dark coloured Volvos still work north of the M25 in Herts along with the black and silver Skoda Octavias VRs.
Please be aware as there are no markings to identify these vehicle
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Keith

A couple of new plain midnight blue Skoda Octavias working the M27 and M3 recently.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of new plain midnight blue Skoda Octavias working the M27 and M3 recently....

[/ QUOTE ]

Unmarked (and marked) Octavias appear to be everywhere in the Midlands at the moment. You can chip an old-shape vRS, which Skoda are still selling, to 245hp. Fully loaded with ££££ of police equipment, they come in thousands cheaper than just the purchase price of a BMW/Omega/Volvo etc, and - having owned a chipped vRS for 4 years - they fly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rob

Metallic Green 'WRX Imprezza' - black windows, big exhaust on A3 - unmarked Police!!

A bit sneaky really!! (in fact a LOT SNEAKY!!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Now noticing these Skodas and 2 seperate cars were working the M4 between Reading and Slough today. Also another van and pneumatic mast c/w camera slightly concealed westbound near Newbury. They are just like the highway men of old - robbers !

You would think the police would have better things to do at a time like this!
The thing that bugs me, is the way they target the faster roads and leave the 30mph roads (where all our children are playing) alone. Easier money I suppose.
Simon

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
From an unmarked policeman:

Dear all
If you are travelling within the M25 towards London, we have taken delivery of BMW 530 d unmarked saloon cars and they are not identifiable like the old Omega's

I have seen 2 in very dark green, one covers central london and the other one North West London, they are all video equipped so be-warned watch your speed, however, all the other garages will have them by xmas.

Dave M
I wish someone would WISE UP AND STOP THIS CRAZY WASTE OF RESOURCES. Why cant the Plods spend more time tracking, prosecuting, and deporting the armed Romanian and Somalian gangs now prevalent in London. Even the 'yardies' are getting out of town as the Romanians take over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I agree David, what a waste of resources, it is about time the Police made an attempt to curb the crime which really matters to the public, murder, rape, mugging, burglary. What about the officer caught travelling at 150 mph recently. he was just "road testing/familiarizing himself with the car" AND HE WASN'T PROSECUTED. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Another from an unmarked policeman:
I have just been informed today that the tunnel at junction 25 of the M25 is/will be fitted with SPEC Speed camera's

There is no date of them going live and no announcement will be made in the media, they could be in use already !!!

If you use that tunnel watch your speed as they say it is an accident blackspot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beat.gif

(Spec cameras? they time you over a distance, when you enter it takes a photograph and when you leave that area it calculates your time over the set distance. Uses number plate recognition software as well and can be connected to DVLC so untaxed cars are also caught on camera [- I applaud that but the rest of it is bordering on manic]) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Keith

Could the cops be using motors seized from criminals? They are using so many different types now - it makes absolutely no economic sense. For example; just how does a Jeep Grand Cherokee fit into this new style Police vehicle Inventory? Saw one on the M27 yesterday travelling at speed in convoy with an unmarked Skoda, on their way to a multiple accident in the Junction 8/9 region.All black Cherokee complete with blue lights on the roof. I can't keep up with all this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,
I fear they seem to do what they think appropriate and nobody seems to hold them to account anymore. I followed a police car into my home town that overtook me with two females doing up to 50 mph in a 30 limit. They were enroute to the police station and when they arrived in the car park, they then stood chatting and giggling between themselves. I asked why they were in such a hurry, both to them and the desk 'officer' (a non plod) in the station.

The reply: "None of your business sir". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif
I really do get pissed off with them.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Very brave David. Question an Aussie copper like that and your car would have been gone over with a fine tooth comb and put off the road with a real or imagined "defect"

Dave,
The Bucks Free Press (our local rag) is currently running a campaign about revenue-cameras and the inequity they promote. Your tale would help to discredit the cavalier attitude that the authorities have adopted in all this.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Dave

Or how about the police car that went up the one way street the wrong way (Blue lights on) past our old house only to get back to the Cop shop Really disgraceful!!!! (I reported him but nothing happened)

Or the other Cop who turned left off the A308 to turn immediately right across 5 lanes of traffic to get into the BP garage. I blocked his way as I was waiting for the lights to change - he jesticulated wildly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gifas he was stuck at right angles to the traffic and I wound down my window and asked what his problem was - he then decided to carry on up School Road - presumably to get to another coffee shop!

To think we all pay these clown's salaries

Time I got into politics?

Ian

They think they are beyond the law

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Following the Government's freedom of information act you can now get
access to speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even
1mph over the set limit it is registered and put on a database?

You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit
that we didn't know) if you receive over 20 near misses, you will be
classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just
over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30 limit area
whilst others doing 39 do not.

You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the
following address (http://www.e-database.co.uk/default.asp)
http://www.e-database.co.uk/default.asp

You will be asked for a password but just click on the need a password
link and you will be given one for future use.

If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window
to see a copy of the photograph

SO NOW YOU KNOW. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.
How much more of your money paid in taxation can be wasted on this sort of crap in your lifetime?
Answers on a postcard......
Probably the majority. You have to write to your MP and complain. And do not put a stamp on the envelope - let him pay a minimum of £1. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beat.gif

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi David,

Was intrigued by the 'just over the limit' part of your post so thought I'd just check for my own and my partner's cars.

Curious thing is that both cars are logged as having clocked identical excess speeds at identical locations and on the same date. Needless to say neither car was at those locations on those dates.

Technical hitch, or should the posting have been delayed until the start of April?

Regards,

Jim

Nice one David!

On a similar note I was amazed yesterday (18/01/06) when travelling west on the M40 just after M25 at 11 am ish.
I spotted a car parked in a small turn off , then just before the car a bridge with a minimum of 3 cameras ( one for each lane ) and then as I passed the small turn off where the originally spotted car was , the were.....wait for it.....3 police bikes and a minimum of 5 unmarked police cars ready for pusuit!! Further down the road was one guy on the hard shoulder discussing the time of day with mr plod.
A good use of public funds I ask?As you say answers on a postcard !!!
Cheers
Paul

Hi Guys

This is on their files for my vehicle and I definitely was not there???

County Cleveland
Town Middlesbrough
Road A19
Location Thornaby A66 Carriageway
Grid Ref. NZ446526
Speed Limit 70mph
Camera Ref. 318
Date of Offence January 14, 2006
Speed Recorded 81.2mph

I think this is an intrusion of privacy and I think compensation should be forthcoming for incorrect data recording. I think we should all check out to see if they are holding records on our cars and if so why?

Time to write and complain about this

regards

Chris.

PS I am sending this to TOP GEAR we should all do the same.

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Chris,

That is precisely the entry showing for BOTH of my cars. If you try again I suspect you will also get a 37.9mph in a 30 for camera 193 on A1303 Cambridge, also 14 January.

Returns the same if you input your reg number as "a".

That's why I wondered if it was a technical problem or someone's idea of a jolly wheeze.

Jim

Back