Crunch!

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
A lorry had a 'little' accident outside my house this morning.

Just after 5am I (& most other normal people nearby - there were some exceptions!) was woken by a sound like thunder and could feel the ground 'shaking' (or more like just vibrating). The driver had fallen asleep at the wheel, whilst travelling probably about 60mph on the bypass, just before the roundabout near my house. He went straight over the top of the roundabout (approx 50m diam. x 5m? high - I think that probably woke him up again). Then came out dragging half the trees/bushes with him, missed a couple of gardens, then careered through about 3 or 4 opposite, clipping 1 car on the way before making a new entrance to the church! Both the driver and his young son escaped unhurt!!

Max

Attachments

• 62491-Lorry5a.jpg
    62491-Lorry5a.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 185
Woken with a stop!
Scary! A friend of mine's family had something similar happen to them a few months ago. A truck went through their house. One of the family was walking through a door when the wall exploded in front of her. Somehow, thankfully, no-one was hurt badly.

Tim.

A runaway truck is stopped by a church, saving everyone from injury? Is that 21st century version of a bullet being stopped by a Bible in the top pocket? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Both the driver and his young son escaped unhurt!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Update, I heard the driver actually broke his ankle. He was stood on it quite happily while I was talking to him, just before the ambulance arrived.

Still a lucky escape considering the trail of destruction he left behind.

Max

Back