Wondering what constitutes an active topic?

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ron,

I've noticed recently that some posts seem to pop in and out of the active topics list unexpectely (to me at least). I'm wondering what the criteria for the search that creates the list is. I noticed this when I happened to come across some posts in the general index that I missed in the active topics, and then I noticed it with a few of my posts today.

As an example, I replied to two posts today (both in RF factory support titled "Dry Sump Options..." and "do RF kits come with a vin..." Shortly after I posted the latter, I noticed was no longer in the active topics list anymore, then it was again, now after work it's gone again. At first glance I thought the criteria was just based on the last posting date/time and some period of time after which it falls of the list, but I think I'm wrong.

Not worth investigating if it's not obvious as I'm just curious.

[FYI - I do check if there is more than one page /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif]

Thanks,

Al

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
One thing I did notice is that the second page of active topics seems to have a sort order that is not the same as the first - i.e. on the first page they are sorted by last reply time, then on the second page it seems like the posts start with a time that is a few posts down from the timestamps on the first page.

Al

Back