Monterey Historics

Pat

Supporter
I took these last Sunday as the cars were gathering at Laguna Seca for this year's event.

Pat

Supporter
Photo 1

Attachments

• 63160-Historics1.JPG
    63160-Historics1.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 365
I wish you hadn't posted those pictures. I'm three thousand miles away, and I can't be there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm still annoyed I wasn't there in 2003.

2003 at Monteray was the best Ford car Show I ever attended. The best part was I got to meet so many of the Ford drivers (Dan Gurney, Shelby and my favorite, David Pearson). I still go back and look at the pictures from time to time.

Vic

Hi Victor,
It was nice running into you in 2003. I will be at the Concourso Italiano tomorrow and at Laguna Seca saturday and sunday. I do not have a digital camera, but a friend of mine does so I will see if I can get some shots. The pre-historics were good last weekend with a bunch of original GT40s present. Two new GT's were there, a silver one and a white one. J-11, 1077, 1051, and the Jim Click Racing GT40 were all there.
Veek,
I did not know you were out at the track last weekend. Guess we missed each other. It would have been good to compare notes on the CAV's. I had the GT and the Pantera parked in the paddock so you might have seen them. Anyone going this weekend? I will have both cars parked in the Pantera Club Paddock so drop by.

Pat

Supporter
Patrick,
I'm sorry I missed you. I took almost 40 pictured but didn't want to choke the Forum with more than just a couple. It was great last weekend and Tom Malloy was kind enough to let me catch a number of photos of J11 which is simply stunning.

Veek,
I agree about J-11, and all the MK-4 cars. I sat in J-11 two years ago and was amazed with the amount of room I had. At 6'2" I could easily fit in that car with a helmet.

Attachments

• 63208-mk4-compressed.jpg
    63208-mk4-compressed.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 332

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Last night at the Monterey Auction Prototype 103 sold for 2,275,000 usd, appeared to be only 2 bidders /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 63358-DSC_0801B.jpg
    63358-DSC_0801B.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 334
I just got back from a great weekend in Monterey, California. The historic car races at Laguna Seca were great as were the concourse displays at Pebble Beach and four major classic car auctions. All highly recommended.

I also briefly meet PatrickD in the club area of the track. Patrick has a carbon fiber monocoque CAV, a really nice car.

One surprise was Ron Hein’s guardsman blue 1966 GT40 #1045 on display at Pebble Beach. He had just finished the car this month and was gracious enough to let met take a few dozen inside detail pictures. It has been carefully restored and is absolutely the most mint condition GT40 I have ever seen. Thanks to Ron and PartickD for the photo opportunities. Here are a few pictures of 1045.

Last edited:
It was nice to meet you Bob. I also enjoyed the entire weekend in Monterey. So much to do that you really have to pick and choose between all the different events. The Concourso Italiano on friday is also a "must see" event. I did not make it to Pebble Beach, so your photos of 1045 are appreciated.

Here are a few other pictures of the lever on the dash in cars 1045, 1051 (I guess), and 1083. The lever looks like a mini gear shift that travel back and forth in an elongated slot. Maybe it opens and closes the defroster vents and was on cars originally equipped for the street.

Also note the driving lights on 1051. The driving light kit offered by CAV Canada looks like a good match to those on this car.

Bob

Last edited:
Back