Central door locking and electrics mirrors

I'm assuming some of the CAV owners out there have fitted central locking. I can cope with the electrical side of things with the solenoids, remote, wiring etc, but what have you used for the actual lock? The mechanisms the CAV comes with I believe are latches rather than locks and there seems to be no obvious way of making them locking - so I guess you need to fit additional deadlocks. Can anyone help me with the detail on this - which deadlocks, source etc.

By the way, I've practically got the wiring finished for an electric mirror system using BMW Mini mirrors and the Ford Mondeo mirror switch which has featured on this forum before. Once I know it's all working I'll post pics and a wiring diagram - everything should work with no additional relays and no mods to the mirrors or switch.

Brian

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi John,

Locking? You can't leave that beauty out of your line of sight! I'm working on a very stealthy system that will retrofit all CAVs. It will be posted here for sure.

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]
Well I wouldn't want the boogy man to take it while I'm sleeping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't go to Detroit.

It doesn't help to lock it in a trailer either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Resurrecting an old thread here....

So, does anyone have locks on their gt40? I'd like to use a gt40 as a sunny-day commuter car with parking in a corporate/reserved spot during the work day.

It can't be that complicated to add some subtle locks.....just looking for ideas here. Thanks in advance!

Ron Earp

Admin
Check out a HotRod supply magazine. Those guys have lots of remote and hidden locking systems - from simple ones that just lock the doors, to complex ones that push the door open for you for rods with shaved door handles. I don't imagine that it'd be difficult to retrofit one of these systems to a car and get them going.

Ron

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Thanks guys - I appreciate the leads/information. Very helpful. I'll do some of the research and put something together. When I get it completed I'll post some pics for constructive comments.... Thanks!

Back