GT40's AT MONTEREY HISTORICS - PICS

GT40\'s AT MONTEREY HISTORICS - PICS

Just back from the USA, and all my pics now uploaded. Dozens of fabulous GT40's at Laguna Seca for the Monterey Historics :

http://bonneville-speed-week.smugmug.com/

www.fluidimages.co.uk

Here are a couple of examples :

DSCF0149.jpg

DSCF0137.jpg

Re: GT40\'s AT MONTEREY HISTORICS - PICS

Tim,
wonderful photos, wonderful cars, and well, just WONDERFUL!! Thanks for the chance to see them.
Murray

Absolutely gorgeous! I assume these are originals, not replicas, yes?

Also, it appears both cars have some sort of faring on the side of the nose (small strip on side of car in front of the tire). I haven't noticed these before on other GT40s. When were these first run?

Mark

[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely gorgeous! I assume these are originals, not replicas, yes?

Also, it appears both cars have some sort of faring on the side of the nose (small strip on side of car in front of the tire). I haven't noticed these before on other GT40s. When were these first run?

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Very much real !

No.12 is P1037, and no.21 is GT40P-1021.Both raced on Sunday in a grid with 9 GT40's in it. Fantastic stuff.There should be pics of most of them on my site.

A friend of mine, here in Sydney, has just got back from the US. While he was there he got to Monterey. He has given me a CD with heaps of photos. All i can say is WOW. You guys (and this goes to those close to Goodwood also) are so lucky to be able to get up close to these fabulous cars! Good luck to you. Here in Oz, we just dont have that sort of machinery at our Histeric meetings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen

Mark,

Many of the originals have "dive planes" to help keep the nose down at speed without ruining the original lines with a chin splitter. (The comment has been made that, while they help a little, they don't change the handling dramatically.) Personally, I would not have a problem with putting a splitter on my replicar, but if I owned an original FAV chassis, I don't think I would do it either.

Regards,
Lynn

If you want to see these cars, both are in the Shelby museum in Colorado along with J7 and a bunch of other cars. They are very quick and well driven. BTW,My last race will be next week at Road America. Stop by and say hello.
Mike C, we will be cooking brats at turn 8 so I'll buy you the one you missed at the BRIC.
Bill

Back