Willowsprings Los Angeles Shelby Club Event Sept 24-25, 2005

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Willowsprings Los Angeles Shelby Club Event Sept 24-25, 2005

Anyone in the Los Angeles area the LA Shelby Club is hosting a 2 day event at the Streets of Willow. This is a very casual 2 day event with loads of track time. The cost is about as low as you will ever see at the streets, $150 for BOTH days if received before 9/16. After that add $25. All cars are welcome. This is a pretty tame event, people ususally range from newcomer to racers (like John Morton), cars range from Cobra's, GT350, GT500, Boxter, S2000, Mustang 5 Oh's, Tiger, Corvette, Super 7's, overall a good mix. Run groups are usually broken out into 3 or 4 depending on skill and car prep. The track is staffed with corner workers and several SCCA instructors that are happy to help with improving your skills.

The last several times I have been you end up with more track time that you care to have, Sunday is very quite and generally you can run most of the day due to the small amount of cars on the second day.

For info -

http://www.lasaac.org/ (site sometimes out of date)

Mario Veltri (925) 437-5868 Daytime
Dan Walters (909) 792-3568 Evening
Randy Richardson (661) 538-9838 Evening

Sandy

Re: Willowsprings Los Angeles Shelby Club Event Sept 24-25,

Hi Sandy,

I'd like to participate in the event, we have 3 vintage Mustangs we'd like to enter with 3 drivers, the only problem we see is that we can only participate on Sunday. The site lists Tech on Saturday morning from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Will there be Tech inspection available for those participating on Sunday only?

Thanks

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter

Should be no problem, Give Randy a call just to be sure as he is usually the Tech guy. Sunday is pretty quiet so it should be not much of a problem, very casual event in all. Even for one day the track fees are very inexpensive.

Drop by and say hi if you do make it out. I have the Red/Black Striped 65 FB with an R Model rear window. That is unless I do something bad to the motor...

If you have any trouble getting a hold of them give me a holler and I'll make sure you are covered.

Sandy

Thanks for the reply Sandy. Although my status for the event has changed, my wife has informed me of a schedule conflict that will prevent me from attending. I'll have to try and make the next one!

Regards,

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the reply Sandy. Although my status for the event has changed, my wife has informed me of a schedule conflict that will prevent me from attending. I'll have to try and make the next one!

Regards,

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't say that I haven't had that happen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

They have them a couple of times a year, if interested shoot them an email (I think you can find it on the site) they have a bunch of other events for the Vintage mustanger' as well. One coming up at the petersen museum in October for all types of stang's.

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter

Just talked to the Shelby club folks and about 40 cars (of very mixed variety) are signed up for the 2 days, I was told it was not a problem if anyone is still interested, just give them a call or show up.

Thanks

Sandy

Back