Wanted for KVA

Hello everyone, I need the 1/2 shafts and adaptors etc for my KVA. Renault to Ford. Anybody help?

Good new forum subject Ron, thanks.

Murray

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Murry,

I may have what you need. I removed my Renault trans from my Tornado. I think my half shafts and cv's will work for you. I will get a measurement in a day or two and get back to you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Not sure on the measurements but I used Car build solutions adaptors and then got some Granada CV's and driveshafts. Once I had the adaptors fitted it was easy to measure a CV Joint and driveshaft to show what length the driveshafts would be.
Also it might be worth sending Dave Morton an email as he is swapping out his renault box from his GTD.

Paul,
many thanks to you too,
I shall drop David a note. I did see the car build solutions bits and bobs.
I am not sure exactly what I need, well all of it really!! but exactly what goes where, I shall heve to get right in my head. Anyone got a diagram or anything to show how it all goes together?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Still got a steep learning curve!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Cheers
Murray

Murray
Most GT40's seem to have Granada hubs, in which case the Granada driveshaft / adapter route is fine.

My KVA, however, uses Jaguar Hubs, so I had to make special shafts to suit.

Check what you have got before buying.

Chris,
yes I'm fairly certain I have Granada hubs, will have to ask Brian!!
So an adaptor at the gearbox end, driveshafts then another pair of adaptors/cv joints? or do you have two cv joints?
Duh! Not got my head around all this lot yet.
Cheers
Murray

If you have Ford hubs then the driveshafts will bolt straight to them, so you only need adaptors for the Renault end.

Brian Magee

Supporter
Murray

You have Granada hubs so you need Granada CV joints to bolt to them, they take the driveshaft. At the inner end you have another Granada CV, then you need an adaptor to fit these to the box. I will be at Paul's house tomorrow and will check his CBS adaptors to see if they will do. You may have to lengthen or shorten the driveshafts to fit.

Brian.

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Murray,

Hope you had a good holiday, hope it was drier than Goodwood!

I have seen Paul's CBS adaptors and they will do the job.

Brian.

Back