GTD40 for sale

My GTD40 MK1 is now for sale.
95% complete & all components except seats & G/box are brand new only requires paint.
Spec as follows:
Completely new Edelbrock Performer engine (including block) producing 380bhp approx.
Renault 21T g/box with usual mods but not LSD.
17" Image wheels with 245 Fr & 285 Rr Pirelli tyres.
Receipts for £24000 & substantial offers req'd, only serious enquries via Forum please.

Paul

Really sad to hear you are selling up without at least getting it on the road first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Paul,

I'm sad to see you have to let your car go, I'm sure you're only seeling 'cause you have to

To anyone looking for a GTD, you MUST go and see this car. The attention to detail is terrific and it is one hell of a beastie. Paul's a real enthusiast and he's spent many long hours (and a fair few bob) on this car, you WON'T be disapointed.

Simon

Thanks for the kind words Simon, nice to know that all my effort hasn't gone unnoticed.
I will only sell the car if I receive a good offer, no bargains here I'm afraid guys! I'm in the proces of putting together a full spec & will post later.

Spec as promised.:

GTD40 Chassis with MK1 body & MKII deep nostril.
Correct glass all round including original shape to rear firewall (not Lozenge shape).
Cabin panelled in Aluminium with rolled top centre tunnel & pre painted in black.
All external panels are Aluminium & pre painted black.
Correct gauges & switches to dashboard with electronic speedometer & Elliot tachometer.
Big brake conversion with Hipsec Monster 6 pot calipers & 290x28mm vented discs to the front.
Hispec 4 pot calipers & 295x22mm vented discs to the rear with AP cable operated calipers for handbrake (as used on Ferrari F40 & Ford RS200).
MDA style overhung pedal box with Tilton Master cyls & adjustable balance bar (no Servos).
Docking aluminium radiator with twin cooling fans.
Large capacity Exide battery.
Collapsable steering column with modified central support.
New Cortina uprights fitted to front but I do have a pair of self fabricated uprights with bigger brgs that will go with the car.
Std GTD rear uprights with Granada brgs.
New Ford 302 engine block with Edelbrock Performer package producing 380bhp approx. (Built by Dave Millam & supplied by Wealden Engineering).
New Holley Street Avenger carb with HI-Flow Filter.
Aluminium pulleys to C/shaft, water pump & Alternator.
MSD 6AL engine management with Blaster coil.
Renault 21T G/box with modified internals.
AP Clutch,Thrust & Spigot brg.
Image BRM wheels 8"x17" Fr & 10"x17" Rr.
Pirelli PZero Rosso 245/45ZR17 Fr tyres
Pirelli PZero Assimetrico 285/40ZR17 Rr tyres.
Spax adjustable shock absorbers all round with 275lb Fr & 350lb Rr Falken racing springs.

Paul,
I am really sad to see this post. For all reading, I can only reiterate Simon's comments.

Also, I don't think Paul's spec does the car justice for the work and attention to detail he has put in.

Brett

Thanks also to you Brett let's hope your kind remarks encourage a buyer!
Here's a few photos:

Attachments

• 64708-DSCF0014.JPG
    64708-DSCF0014.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 556
I've now had 1000 views on the Forum (several of which were mine)19 email enquiries & 5 home visits, 4 of whom were tyre kickers, but still no sale. I've had 1 serious offer but the guy hasn't got back to me.
I know there have been some very nice '40s sold through the Forum but also some which require a considerable amount of work to bring up to scratch but still sell fairly quickly & for upwards of £25000.
My point or question is, what do the guys in the buyers market want? My car is (IMHO only) built to a reasonably good standard & specification with all but seats,dash & Gearbox being brandnew. I have receipts for circa £24000 & countless man hours have been spent on improving the GTD design. I would say the car only requires £4000 max for a good paint job & SVA approval & the buyer would easily have a car worth £32000.
I really can sympathise with the problems Simon Winter had earlier this year when trying to sell his '40 & I know that the car is only worth what someone is willing to pay but when I am offered £10,000 "to take it off my hands" I feel very offended. So, please feel free to reply to my earlier question. I am intrigued!!

URGENT!!!!!!!!

Will anyone who was due to come view the car this Friday/weekend please contact me ASAP. (Exccept those I have already contacted)There are a few I don't have contact details for.

Re: URGENT!!!!!!!!

OK 1 last try.
I have spoken to all but 2 people who are due to view the car this weekend.
Unfortunately due to increasing work commitments I will not be at home this weekend so if you were coming over then PLEASE contact me ASAP. I don't have contact details for these 2 guys & I'm sure 1 is coming as far afield as the M4 corridor.Apologises to all concerned.

Re: GTD for sale

Hi Paul
I'm both pleased for you and sorry to hear that news..

I hope that you were paid an amount commensurate with the time, effort and attention to detail that you piled into the build - it is surely one of the best quality builds to date...

Re: GTD for sale

Kind words indeed Paul. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
I'm sure the new owner will have lots of fun with this car. I understand he intends to use it for track work & the odd run to Le Mans & I'm sure he will post on the Forum soon.
Although I've now sold my life long dream I'm sure my fascination with the GT40 marque isn't over!

Back