Ex-Shelby 289 manifold - genuine

Ex-Shelby GT40 manifold - FoMoCo Part No. C6AE9425-A. Little used and in excellent condition. I bought this from Bill/James Wonder who bought it off Shelby with GT40-103 in 1965.

See also this thread for Webers for sale:
Italian IDAs for sale

GT40parts 002a.JPG

GT40parts 003a.JPG

Offers?

Cheers

Hi

Manifold now sold. It will appear next on a 289 Cobra that has been in the same ownership since new, in 1965. The purchaser also owned an original 40 many years ago.

Cheers

Rob, I have just fitted exactly the same manifold to Martin Weigolds car with IDAs. Please make the new owner aware that the positions of the carbs is different to the usual aftermarket manifolds, I have a CNC punching drawing for the "turkey pan" for this manifold if anyone wants it. Frank

Can anyone explain the reason for the unusual shape of the runner as it enters the manifold. I have seen this and always wondered what purpose it served??

Thanks
Rick

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Rick - I suspect that it is an reversion isolation chamber. This adds volume to the intake runner much like a small plenum and helps isolate the carburetor from the reversion pulses caused by long overlap camshafts...

Back