Image BRM Alloys Advice Required

My KVA GT40 (1075 replica!) is coming on at a rapid pace now and I need some advice on new Image BRM wheels. I am also due to have some Gulf flared arches installed on the rear section so will require quite large ones at the back. Andy at Tornado has kindly said that he can supply me these items but I see that the wheels can be supplied with pre painted centres. Is the orange colour they supply the same as the Gulf Oil orange?, or have most of you guys simply sprayed the wheel centres when the car was painted.

Any help you can give would be great.

Many thanks

Simon

To Have The True Authentic Sizes Of The GT 40 Livery JWA Cars Of 1968/9 They Are BRM 10x15 Inch Fronts And 14x15inch Rears Using Avon Or Firestone Intermidates Historic Road/race Tyre.

No Replica Manufacturer Makes These BRM Alloys In Those Sizes, the biggest they come In Is 8 In Fronts And 10inch Rears, You Are Better Off Using Replica Halibrand Alloys as used On 427 Sc Cobra's As they will make the sizes to fit the Gulf Rear Arches and Avon still make tyres for those sizes but would have to be special order I believe they are 335x70x15 rears and 285x60x15 fronts, but the bad news is the rears cost approx £1000 each and the fronts £500 each.

As for colour you are better getting them sprayed yourself, If you go for the Halibrand Option as they only come in Silver Colour.

I Hope This Helps.

Last edited:
To Have The True Authentic Sizes Of The GT 40 Livery JWA Cars Of 1968/9 They Are BRM 10x15 Inch Fronts And 14x15inch Rears Using Avon Or Firestone Intermidates Historic Road/race Tyre.

No Replica Manufacturer Makes These BRM Alloys In Those Sizes, the biggest they come In Is 8 In Fronts And 10inch Rears, You Are Better Off Using Replica Halibrand Alloys as used On 427 Sc Cobra's As they will make the sizes to fit the Gulf Rear Arches and Avon still make tyres for those sizes but would have to be special order I believe they are 335x70x15 rears and 285x60x15 fronts, but the bad news is the rears cost approx £1000 each and the fronts £500 each.

As for colour you are better getting them sprayed yourself, If you go for the Halibrand Option as they only come in Silver Colour.

I Hope This Helps.

Image makes wheels in 10x15 and 14x15, and I am sure others will.

Ian

Back