Brake pedal effort

CURRENTLY BANNED
I'm slowly working my way through some things on my GTD that I'm not happy with.
The car is currently running AP calipers with vented granada discs on the front but still drums on the rear. I will get around to changing the rears to discs in due course, but I am having an issue with the brake pedal force required.
All the brakes work, but the brake pedal feels almost solid to push (engine on or off) There is vacuum getting to the twin servos, but it seems to me that they may not be working. How can I check?
I will have to take the servo's off soon as the previous owner installed them upside down, and I have been told that the check valves need to be facing down (they are facing up)
Thank you

Cobra John

Pull the vacuum hoses off the servo and stick a sparkplug in the hose to stop the vacuum leak to the carb. The servo's will not have energy for boost while the car is running. If the pedal is the same then your boosters are not working.
Also do a search. User Dave Bilick (sp?) posted lots of very useful information regarding his trouble shooting of servos about a year ago.
Otherwise you can throw the boosters away and re-size your master cylinder to work without boost.

Back