Air-conditioning hoses

Wondering if any UK Forum member can give me any contacts where I can get air-conditioning pipes/hoses and fittings made up to suit my individual requirements.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Alastair

Alistair,

I too initially looked at getting someone to make up the hoses but having done some reading decided to go the DIY route.
I bought most of my air con parts from Vintage Air in the US, http://www.vintageair.com/ . This included the Barb style crimping tool. I've made up all my hoses using this with no problems in manufacturing, just need to wait until the car is finished to test them!

Regards,
Alister

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Aeroquip, the AN fitting manufacturer, makes user assembled fittings and hose for AC.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Not sure about the UK, but here in Oz we have a lot of "Mobile A/C" businesses - just guys with vans full of A/C gear who normally buzz around doing service / repair work at your home or office. I used one of these guys during my build - 3 visits to my garage over a period of time, all top quality hoses & compression fittings done with a hydraulic crimper, then gas & test - and a warranty ! The whole lot cost around AU$400.

Maybe you could find something similar ?

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

I'd like to thank everybody who has repsonded to my enquiry. Thank you very much.

I currently have a complete air-conditioning kit, which I understand was originally designed for the 'Ascari' road car. The kit includes various NO. 6 and 8 hoses made up with fittings.

However, no bulkhead fittings are included in the kit and as I need to pass the various hoses through a number of bulkheads I need to modify the existing hoses and get new ones made with the correct bulkhead fittings.

Your replies have given me some food for thought and I have also, in the meantime, found a company near me who install air conditioning systems and freezer systems into light trucks and vans. I have asked them to make up two hoses for me, with a bulkhead fitting. If they are okay then I will get them to make the rest of my requirements. If they are not okay then I'll have to take a different tack.

Regards

Alastair

Back