Side Striping

Gents,
About to go painting my CAV over the next couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone could help on details of the side striping. I am unsure about the thicknesses of the center stripe and pinstripes either side. Also does anyone have any ideas on font preferencing.......
Cheers
Steve

Pat

Supporter
Try 1/2" top stripe, 1/2" gap, 2" middle stripe, 1/2" gap, and 1/2" lower stripe is original (4" total).

Pat

Supporter
Here's how it looks.

Attachments

• 66012-Afterrepaint8.JPG
    66012-Afterrepaint8.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 296
Veek,
Thanks, the detail on the side of your car is exactly what Im targeting....saw your posting recently on the workover and was impressed....I am looking forward to this project particularily beyond the bodywork and painting.
Cheers
Steve

Howard Jones

Supporter
Steve, When you get your stripes put on think about the diameter of any number circle you might later want to put on the car. Putting the stripe a little lower on the sill makes it easier to apply a rondell with a number in it latter.

Just a bit of learned infromation.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Howard,

I'm glad you mentioned rondell. Where do I purchase these as well as numbers that can be removed. Can the rondells be removed as well. Like to apply them just for track weekends.

Howard,
Good point, looks like Veek dropped his a little. I have seen a number of cars with the striping starting just below the door and correct that the rondell overlaps the sill. I would probably had made this mistake had you not mentioned.
Cheers

Back