For Sale GTD40

For Sale GTD40 chassis #9988

Originally titled in Ohio as a 1966 Ford GT40.
Currently titled in Illinois as a 1966 Ford GT40.

My 40 of 2 years is presented for sale in excellent mechanical condition and visible "race patina" body condition for $60,000usd. Those interested in chrome, wax and creature comforts will see this as a project. The rest of us will see a no-nonsense 60's race car.

The body is structurally sound and the paint has excellent shine, but shows many small chips. The hood has been retrofitted with the twin deep snorkel for better cooling and handeling. The lettering, roundels and numbers are vinyl stickers that may be easily removed. Center stripes and sill stripes are paint.

Suspension/Brakes

New Advanced Suspension aluminum coil over shocks with internally adjustable compression dampening and externally adjustable rebound dampening fitted with 300# springs. Old leaky Spax and 200# springs if you want them.

I re-located the pick-up points in the front to install a Heidts Mustang II 2" drop spindle that allowed me to eliminate bump steer and install Wilwood aluminum hubs and 4 piston calipers clamping 12.19" vented discs that fit inside the 15" wheels. If you are fast enough to need more brakes than this Wilwood sell a 6 piston caliper and a 13"x1" vented GT rotor and hat that will bolt right on.

Rear brakes have been switched over to Wilwood 4 piston calipers on the 1"x13" curved vane GT rotos which fit in the 15" wheels.

A brake balancer is inside the cockpit within drivers reach.

Tires/wheels

Almost new Hoosier street TD's on extremely used 15" Revolution BRM 3 piece bolt-ons with simulated wing spinners. These are bias ply tires that are extremely sticky and DOT rated however Hoosier reccomends not using them on the road. I do.

Cockpit

Left hand driver center shift. Smiths guages for all but water temp and oil temp. Leather seats need re-dye. Tan wool carpet in good used condition. Drivers side mounted Halon extinguisher. No AC and no radio. You can't hear the radio anyway and I have 2 3" ducts from the nose of the car to your crotch. I will include the AC components that I removed from the car.

Engine new in April of this year.

1965 Hi-Po 289 block (bigger main caps and studs) at 20 over I believe. 331 internally balanced rotating assembly with H-beam rods and 10.5:1 compression. Hydraulic roller cam and roller rockers in Brodix ST 5.0R aluminum heads. Melling high volume oil-pump and Armondos 8qt baffled aluminum road race t-oil pan. 3 qt Accusump with electric valve for preoiling. Engine oil cooler. Holley 770cfm 4Bbl with vacuum secondaries and extra jets. 2 newer Facet red-top fuel pumps. Meziere electric in-line water pump. Exhaust is non-crossover and includes both a set of 6" magnaflow mufflers and a set of flowmaster scavenger collecters with downturns. The latter is installed now and I drive it on the street like this. The sound is a bit rude at idle then quiets until about 3000 rpm where it gets progressively louder. From 5000 to 6500rpm goosebumps raise from your flesh and adrenaline dumps into your bloodstream. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I get more compliments at the track for how it sounds than anything! PER race engines dyno'd the motor at 409hp and 393 ft/lb torque before delivery, I have not had it on a chassis dyno.

Transaxle

Your choice of a Renault UN1 with a 3.44 or a UN5 with a 3.89 both having stock diff's. Aluminum zero balanced Fidanza flywheel and new 10.5" clutch and pressure plate. 93 ford mustang starter. The 3.89 will give you blistering acceleration in all gears and top out at 140 mph, best for most tracks. The 3.44 is more road friendly and better for less experinced track drivers and speed to 170mph. You pick one, the 3.44 is in the car now.

I am selling with a somewhat heavy heart. I hope to have one again someday. Tire kickers are welcome as long as you are up-front about it. Life is very busy right now but these cars should be shared and experienced. Low-ballers and Concourse ctirics are not welcome.

PM Andy if you would like additional info or my phone number. I hope to post a link in the next few days with more pictures.

Attachments

• 66100-RightFront.JPG
    66100-RightFront.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,348
Dyno graph. notice the nice flat torque curve, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 66133-DynoGraph.jpg
    66133-DynoGraph.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 1,226
I may be going to Road America Sunday for a club track day. Any interested buyers can contact me for details. Maybe I can get you in the car on the track. Bring a change of underwear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Andy 630-327-8882

I think you first timers are really missing out by not considering this car. It is a sorted, fast driver that is titled as a 1966. Title, registration, emissions regulations are a non-issue. If after driving it you think you can handle more, it is easily up-gradeable. But the biggest advantage is NO WAITING, NO HASSLES.

I am dropping the asking price to $55,000usd for a few weeks to guage interest.
All you lurkers looking at this and thinking "I want to build something better and faster" I challange you to consider this car before you do so. I think you will find that this car will exceed your driving abilities for years to come and you won't have the hassles of building, titling, sorting and waiting.

Andy

Back