CKL / GTD40 Owners Club Goodwood Trackday....

The date for this event is Tuesday 15th November.

This is a great day out and a chance to lap the Goodwood circuit in the most friendly atmosphere. The GTD40 club has a number of places but we need to secure them in good time! The cost is £200 per car plus £25 per extra driver - so good value too!

If you're interested, please let me know as soon as you can: either reply to this thread or PM me.

Charles

Hi Frank.
It's the usual 5 car 105dB "noisy" day. The circuit will open at 9.00am and close at 4.00pm, with lunch 12-1pm.
Will you be coming?
All the best,
Charles

Fred, it should, provided that it is fully repacked with correct accoustic material before you go, having heard your car a few days ago - it needs it! Frank

I've got a weapon.

Let just hope it doesn't blow up, break, crash or anything else!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 67012-gt3.jpg
    67012-gt3.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 242

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Well Hello JP !!

Welcome back friend, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

TTT

The places are being taken up fast, so if you plan to come, book early to avoid disappointment!

Fred,
As Frank says, if you repack correctly you should have no trouble with the noise level. Do let me know if you want a place.

James,
It isn’t cars that crash – it’s the drivers!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Charles

JP,

Is that Steve Dorrell's car....
He just got out of his RHD one a couple of weeks ago and there can't be too many Red and White RHD ones about.
If it is Steves, the mileage will be extraordinarily low.

Barry D.

It might have been. To be honest I'm not sure. The chap I've bought it from said that a famous Porsche collector owned it, at that time it only had 43 miles on the clock.

Apparantly he drove it home from the dealer to his garage where it remained unused!

Don't diss my mate Steve.
He drove that car all the way round to my house once.
Probably a round trip of 9 miles, and he didn't need to call the Nurse or anything !
I'd like to say that after a ride in my NSX he decided Porsches weren't up to it, but the truth is that he's "outed" a couple because he has got something very special and very historic in his sights, so I'm hoping that your money will also cheer me up very soon too.
Excellent.
I hope you enjoy it JP, its genuine allright and a thoroughly splendid thing.
I particularly like the "lightweight Porsche badge" on the nose.....( it's a sticker )

Well done.
Rgds,

Barry D.

Guys did you kow that Goodwood is being resurfaced prior to the event? info comes Dr John.

Could be interesting....

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any places left Charles?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Chris.
Yes, a small number of places left. Email me asap if you'd like one...

Regarding the resurfacing, I see from the Goodwood website that the circuit is closed 1st to 11th November. It's going to be "interesting" picking out new reference points, not to mention any changes to grip.

I'm looking forward to it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Charles

NEW Bitumen road surfacing will be very slippery until the binder, which is oil based, is worn from the aggregate surface. This will take a considerable time at this time of year when the surface is cold, so I would suggest EXTREME caution to anyone thinking of driving on this new surface, particularly on slicks. Its is definately not something I will want to do, as I spent many years building new roads and always insisting on being the first driver to test them out, luckily before the public were allowed on them. ( Big horsepower Cobras on brand new roads equalls huge sideways moments ) Also be aware of loose and poorly bound stone chips will damage your car and screen if thrown at you. Frank

[ QUOTE ]
NEW Bitumen road surfacing will be very slippery until the binder, which is oil based, is worn from the aggregate surface. This will take a considerable time at this time of year when the surface is cold, so I would suggest EXTREME caution to anyone thinking of driving on this new surface, particularly on slicks. Its is definately not something I will want to do, as I spent many years building new roads and always insisting on being the first driver to test them out, luckily before the public were allowed on them. ( Big horsepower Cobras on brand new roads equalls huge sideways moments ) Also be aware of loose and poorly bound stone chips will damage your car and screen if thrown at you. Frank

[/ QUOTE ]

Frank,

With all the bloody wind and rain were getting I imagine that most of it will get blown away! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JP

Back