Andy's GT40

Andy\'s GT40

Hi all,
I wanted to post my impressions of Andy's GTD for sale in the forum. I would have done this as a reply to his for sale post, but cannot post in that forum, I suspect it is because the type of member that I am. If this is not the appropriate place to post, I apologize and the moderators can do what they feel is right to move the post.

I have seen Andy's GTD in person and his description is accurate of the car. It handles quite well and goes like a bat out of you know where. It felt very solid up to 140+ mph and was able to shed speed equally furiously. As Andy put it, the car is not a show car, it has some paint chips but seemed very structurally and mechanically solid. It seems on the exterior it is nothing a new spray would not fix. The interior is in similar finish as the exterior; it is clear that Andy spent the most time working making his GTD work well as a functional safe and FAST race car. One could draw the torque curve from a seat of the pants experience, the car simply pulls hard in any gear at any RPM with a sound of true bliss. Needless to say, I enjoyed my experience.

If you wonder why I posted, it was only to give an unbiased opinion of the car so other forum members knew what was out there. I have no ties to Andy in any way. The only reason I know him is through this forum and he was kind enough to offer me a ride as well as show me around the world of GTDs. This description was my experience from a half hour ride in the passenger seat holding on. I would enjoy purchasing this car but current fiscal responsibilities argue that I have too many toys to date.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about my impressions.

Thanks

Kevin

Re: Andy\'s GT40

Thanks for the kind words Kevin. I'm glad to have been the one to have fed your infection of the GT40's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif These cars should be driven, shared and enjoyed.

Back