Noobie saying HI

Hi Guys and Gals.

I have been viewing the forum for a long time and now that I am close to jumping in at the deepend of ownership, I would appreciate any advice you can offer regarding the KVA brand of GT40.

I am considering a part built KVA car as offered for sale on this forum. From what I can make out the chassis is a 'C' type. Is that a correct assumption?

My main concern is how would a total novice such as myself be able to work out what is and is not present and required to complete such a vehicle? What I don't want to happen is to find out too late, that the cost of extra parts (when added to the purchase price) would exceed the cost of a completed car, (if you know what I mean).

I have also read that KVA's tend to be not too exact regarding the chassis/steering geometry. Is this something that can easily be remedied?

I have trawled through the search function and found little actual advice regarding the pro's and con's of the KVA. I do not wish to offend any owners, but can I assume that in general, the KVA is regarded as the entry level marque when compared to GTD/RF/Tornado etc?

I geuss that with enough money, anything is possible, but as a general rule, how difficult is it to get a KVA chassis setup well for road and trackday use?

I guess that I should stop the bombardment now LOL and look forward to any advice you can offer.

TIA,
Mark

Mark,
I think your general comments about the KVA are correct. Bear in mind that Ken Attwell stopped producing chassis a number of years ago, so, although the 'C' chassis is the most recent, it has not benefitted from the escalating levels of development that have taken place in, say, the last 10 years.
That said, there are a number of KVAs in the Enthusiasts Club and they are very fine cars.
I recommend you join the Enthusiasts Club (I would, wouldn't I?!) and talk to as many members as you can before making your final decision. Depending on your budget, there are projects out there ranging from your KVA, through complete and semi-complete GTDs to brand new RFs, Tornados and innumerable combinations of chassis, bodies and engines to choose from. Your task is becoming daily more difficult because of the breadth of choice, so don't jump in too early.
Go to the Enthusiasts Club website, download the form and send it to me. We'll look after you, my son!
PS Welcome to the forum in your new incarnation.

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Mark

Welcome to the 'mad house'

If you want to talk to people who have 'been there, done that',then go along to a Midlands meeting (details on the club website). Richard Guest will welcome you and introduce you to guys who will be willing to guide you through the minefield.
The KVA is not as refined as the others but there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the car to stop you building a good car for road or the occasional track day.

Brian.

Will do Brian.

As my every day car is an 88 vintage 911, I like to think that I have some idea of how a sportscar should feel LOL, and I will want a 40 for track as well as street, with a big emphasis on track time. I imagine that I will not be happy with less than 350 bhp.

I look forward to meeting some of you guys in the near future.

Mark

Back