CAV front uprights

I was wondering if any CAV owners could tell me if their GT40 front suspension uprights look like the ones in this photo?? Are they pretty close, or no where near the same?? Thanks!!

recall.JPG

Kris,
that's looks about right - very similar to the same cape town Cobra part.

dominik, cape town

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Kris,

I'd like a wider view pic of that, what car is it on? Do you need parts or technical assistance, let me know.

Cheers

Hi Kris,

I have an upgraded set of front uprights for my CAV mono that were purchased from AutoFutura about a year ago. Here is a picture. I cannot tell from the angle of your sample picture if my upright match yours or not but perhaps this picture will be of help. Do you know the serial number of the car in your picture?

Last edited:

Pat

Supporter
Here' is what the original CAV Mono uprights looked like>

Attachments

• 67348-CAVFrontUprights.jpg
    67348-CAVFrontUprights.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 385
Those are the uprights that Shelby used on some of their 4700 series cars. I am not sure if they are still using them or not. My assumption was that CAV had just adapted their GT40 uprights to the Cobra chassis. From the posted photos, it looks like they just used the same concept.

The shocks are Pro-Shocks. They are not really high tech, but they get the job done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for all the replies!!

Ian Clark

Supporter
Ah ha! Thanks for clarifying that Kris. The steering arm in your photo made me think it wasn't a CAV part. As shown by the other pics here, CAVs continue to evolve through the efforts of Autofutura. It's great to work with a company that listens to it's customers and dealers.

Cheers

Back