Molds for sale should be cheep

It may not be cheap.

From the bottom of: http://www.kenhowatson.com/gt40.html

"If you have the expertise and the desire, a quick sale would probably be in your best interest, before an experienced appraiser decides that its history makes it more valuable than we currently believe. It will NOT BE SOLD for a pittance. We would sooner store it for as long as it takes before giving it away."

It's somewhere near Toronto.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I don't know if I am dialled in correctly to this one or not. Much of what is being shown on the website IMHO is bordering on "time expired". It may be stored for a considerable time.
Then again , I suppose it's a value judgement. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Dave M

An experienced appraiser will tell then that they are not worth the gas to hall them to the dump. It would be far simpler and a lot less work to start from scratch. 30 years of neglect on ISO resin moulds If they were properly made to start whit, just there owe weigh would have distorted them beyond saving at this time. That will not mean that they could not be saved by someone whit a lot of determination.

It is shame when you see stuff like that, I saw a garage clearout recently that on paper looked well exciting but in reality nearly every component was beyond any sort of use.

Wow 5% increase in price whilst its stored, waiting for that right buyer. Mind you gotta give the guy credit as a wordsmith, certainly knows how to tell a story, in some ways more interesting the the parts....

I think this sale has gone by. I tried the email and it bounced back. I'm a little familiar with Ken Howatson. Three years ago I offered Ken a trade; one Daytona body for a GT40 body. Things were going fine until Ken's partner got involve, Brian Wolf. I need not say anymore! I will say, that friend looked at the so called GT40 mould that was hanging from the raffters. He said, that is was not likely that anything could be made from the moulds. I feel bad that Ken passed away. He seemed like an interesting guy.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
I'd be leary of this guy. He advised me on Saturday that the car and parts etc were sold and that he would post the new owner's info on Ken's site. As the car is currently for sale on ebay you can draw your own conclusions as to his credibility.

Back