Naked GTD seat!

Howard Jones

Supporter
Sorry I couldn't resist. Does anyone have a picture of a naked GTD seat frame? I would like to see whats under the skin on one. If you have a picture of a frame without anything on it that would be great. If you have a frame laying about and could take some pictures of it then please take a side view and a front view. It would be great to take the side view 90 degrees from straight forward.

I am mainly interested in the top of the seat where your head contacts the rest. I need to remove some of the padding of maybe even straighten the tubing where it angles forward so as to give me more clearance between the front of my helmet and the rollcage along to top of the windshield.

Howard
I have two seat frames, one without the headrest and one with, I will take some photos of both and post or e-mail them to you if you like
Regards
Phil

My seat bases for GTD

Attachments

• 67592-IMG_0525.JPG
    67592-IMG_0525.JPG
    330.5 KB · Views: 427

Howard Jones

Supporter
Phil, Great How about you post them to fill out the thread and email me them for my records. Could you shoot them from the back, side and front. I am most interested in the head suport area and how to reduce its forward bend.

Thank you
Howard Jones

Howard
No problem...I need to dig them out this week and I will get you the photos asap, These frames were from a GTD about 12 years old, Does that make a difference? They are tube steel 3/4 dia. I can tell you they look nothing like the ones Frank posted as regards to the sheet alum frame, but the general shape is very close.
Regards
Phil

Howard Jones

Supporter
Phil, You are correct the orginal GTD seats are made of tubing and are nothing like Franks seats except overall shape. Frank thats each right? Those are really wonderful seats. Too bad I can't afford them. They really are just right. Everything that needs to be changed on a stock GTD seat is right there. I would change a thing.

Back