Early Registration is now open for Western States Cobra Bash '06

-Cobras, Daytona Coupes, GT40s
-May 18-21, 2006 at the Nugget Resort in Sparks, Nevada

Announcement on ClubCobra.com

Or, see the WSCB website for more details:

www.WesternStatesCobraBash.com

-------------------------------------------------------------

GT40 owners are encouraged to attend. We had a great group of GT40s at WSCB last year. Celebrating these three cars that made history.

Re: Registration: Western States Cobra Bash \'06

Hello to GT40.com members,
I don't see any replies here to this thread yet, just votes, but THANKS to those with GT40s and Ford GTs who have registered so far for WSCB 2006 as a result of GT40s.com.

We got 4 right off the bat in the early bird registration, along with V.I.P Classics Distributor of CAV GT40s already signed up. The goal is to at least double the number of 40s this year along with the Daytona Coupes. Also, Superformance is attending as a vendor too. The existing Manager of Dynamic Motorsports of Reno (changing soon) said they were hoping to get the new SPF GT40 to the Bash as well for their vendor booth.

It would be great to hear from some of you here about who is attending or caravanning this year. We had a good presence from some Southern California people, Oklahoma, and up from the Northern states last year with GT40s. There are a few more this year signed up from the Bay area in CA. Our good buddy and member John Place here on this site has a small group for Ford GT owners reportedly planning to attend as well. Thanks for your time. Hope to see some of you there. Its a pretty cool little event. 11 of 12 vendor spots are gone already. Its gonna be another banner year. Don't miss out if you considering attending. THANKS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Cobras
Daytona Coupes
GT40s

See Website: www.WesternStatesCobraBash.com
questions: [email protected]

Re: Registration: Western States Cobra Bash \'06 / BUYERS

FYI: For anyone attending the Western States Cobra Bash, we just wanted to let you know we receive weekly periodic emails from buyers asking if there will be any nice, clean, new and used GT40s for sale there.

If you are registered, your Corral spot is your spot, feel free to advertise your car for sale if you are trading up/down or just looking to sell.

Also, if you are a registered member of WSCB and attending, (For FREE) we can post 5 lines of text and a picture of your car showing "this car will be for sale" at the Bash so people who may be interested can get some ideas and can come see it. Take Care, Duane

Re: Registration: Western States Cobra Bash \'06

WSCB February Factoid

Good News Folks, – It’s only February 10th and just today we’ve already exceeded last year’s count of attendee registrations; and that is not including the vendor cars either, just attendees. Wooohooooo, the Western States Cobra Bash is on!

One last chance friendly reminder to your Cobra friends, the registration DISCOUNT deadline expires in TWO days (February 15th) then it goes up to the regular price. Some people are getting the word, as we just had another quick surge this week. It will be interesting to see how many register between now and the final April 1st, 2006 deadline.

Thanks again to everyone for your continued support in GT40 land!
Take Care,
WSCB Crew

[ QUOTE ]
FYI: For anyone attending the Western States Cobra Bash, we just wanted to let you know we receive weekly periodic emails from buyers asking if there will be any nice, clean, new and used GT40s for sale there.

If you are registered, your Corral spot is your spot, feel free to advertise your car for sale if you are trading up/down or just looking to sell.

Also, if you are a registered member of WSCB and attending, (For FREE) we can post 5 lines of text and a picture of your car showing "this car will be for sale" at the Bash so people who may be interested can get some ideas and can come see it. Take Care, Duane

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other hand, these "buyers" may be looking for something they can steal. You'd best make sure this event has adequate security. My car was stolen from the SAAC 29 hotel parking lot despite their security measures.

I would also question whether it's a good idea to post the attendee list on the website for anyone to see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

Howard Jones

Supporter

So, Steve do you have any suggestions on what a guy can do to improve security at evens like this where your car is overnighting in a "secure" parking lot with dozens on other cobras, etc. Would taking a wheel up to your room for the night be a good idea?

If I recall correctly, Steve's car was stolen along with his trailer.

I've heard Smith & Wesson can provide pretty good security. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Howard Jones

Supporter

I'm a 12 gauge Remington man myself. Kind of a Republican thing I guess. So does anyone think these kind of meets are a problem. Do you guys do anything like lock up the car somehow when you attend? Do you think I would look funny going up the elevator with a front knock off under my arm?

It's gonna be a bitch bringing a jack and jackstand with me in the front seat along with that Remington M70.

I guess I could install a rife rack in the back window. How cool would that be? Hummmm..... gonna have to put on the short barrel I guess.

Maybe my life member NRA sticker will do?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter

Fit a quick release steering wheel and take it with you

Driving a stolen car with mole grips on the column will not be fun Probably also rais the suspicions of Mr Plod!

Ian

To: Steve Toner and a note about Security at WSCB -

Sorry to hear you had a car stolen. I myself know what that feels like, first hand, and its not a good feeling at all. Understandable, and your points are well taken. Thanks for your input.

Of course, the other option is to stay home 24x7 and guard these cars hoping nobody steals it while we are away. Most of us believe this is what insurance is for. You are welcome to show up and come check security first hand. In your case at SAAC, I bet you had your car in an open ground level parking lot at a race track, right? I wouldn't feel great about leaving my car there either. WSCB is on top of a steel GATED 5th floor building structure, with walking armed security guards on the 4th and 5th floor, others in roaming vehicles, and digitally recordeed security cameras everywhere on each floor. Also worth mentioning, some of the attendees are Police Officers, Highway Patrol, Sheriffs, and Prison Guards. Any such fool would have to attempt to drive over top of several other cars directly BLOCKING the locked steel gate in order to get out while attempting to drive with at least one fresh bullet in their head. This is defintely a case of "BUYER BEWARE".

Howard Jones

Supporter

Sounds like my car is safer at WSCB than at home in my garage. Cool see ya all there.

[ QUOTE ]
In your case at SAAC, I bet you had your car in an open ground level parking lot at a race track, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually it was quite safe out at the race track, as that was locked up tight at night. It (along with trailer & tow vehicle) was stolen from the parking lot of the headquarters hotel overnight on the last night of the event (possibly first thing in the morning after the security guy went off duty - I don't know exactly). The hotel did not have any security cameras.

Sounds like you do have things set up well, security-wise. Best thing for anybody putting something like this together would probably be one way in/out, security cameras and of course guards (though I sometimes wonder whether they can be trusted...) Staying away from Detroit and Boston (high vehicle theft areas) is probably a good idea as well. And on a personal level, disabling your vehicle (remove HT lead or something like that) would not be a bad idea.

Thanks to GT40.com members and this website, it looks like we are starting to see another decent turnout on registrations of GT40 replicas and Ford GTs for the Western States Cobra Bash again this year. We are already up to (7) GT40s so far, a couple Ford GTs. This will be a very nice compliment again this year to the 120+ Cobras/Daytonas registered so far. The U.S. CAV Distributor is a registered vendor as well along with some fairly knowledgeable GT40 people as I'm told by a few members on your site here.

Please feel free to check out the WSCB website with pictures from last year, and we'll be at a new location, added specialty vendors, a Track Day on Friday, Saturday Drive. Most of all, its a really cool and fun group of people to meet, hang out with, and relax. Make it a driving vacation. Register while remaining spots and hotel rooms are still available. Feel free to reply here if you are attending and looking to Caravan with other GT40 owners. Also, we seem to have a number of spectators and interested parties inquiring and flying in to check out the cars for the weekend if you by chance have a GT40/replica you are listing for sale. See ya there. Thanks again to GT40.com members for your continued support of the Western States Cobra Bash!

Registration closed. We're pretty full now. Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back