left hand shifter

This might be an old question but here I go, Did the search and did not find what I was looking for. I have a Tornado TS-40 ,who in the US has installed and driven this make with the LH shifter . I am going to install this in the car because it is different, and at the same time troubling to me as to the real performance of this type of setup. Any thoughts or advice?? the Best ,Kevin

Considering the other work you have to do to assemble the car, left hand shift is no big deal. Really no different than what our friends in the UK do with right hand drive right hand shift. I did see a Tornado a while back with a one piece rod shifter for the left hand, rather than the articulated one I have for my GTD. Of course you have to ensure the transaxle you have is set up properly to shift from that side. I.e, on the R-21 you need something sticking out attach the translator to.
What are your concerns in regards to performance?
Brian

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Kevin,

I too have the TS40 LHD\LHS. It's great. Give yourself about half a day and you'll be shifting like it's RHS. I was running with a Renault and my downshift from 3rd to 2nd was a bit difficult but manageable. I've since removed the Renault for a G50 with a cable LHS but have not driven yet.

Because it's in such a unique position it adds to the awe factor to strangers which is fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

To Brian and Tim Thanks for ypor thoughts, Brian it just looks like a lot of pieces for the linkage rod seems it could be sloppy. I do not know this though. Tim if it works then don't fix it I too Would like to go with the G-50 also But that depends on the $$$, Thanks again to both you guys, Kevin

Back